BBQ and smoking recipes.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1288.jpg my bore ribs. Did them up in a pork butt spice and tregger seasoning. I took them off earlier than I would have liked.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just “winged” it actually. I oiled them with olive oil, Smoked them for 20-25min than cooked.

I did try spicing them before putting them on the grill, but that IMO didn’t do much for the flavor, the S@V shake overpowered the spice, and the S@V popcorn shake was put on after cooking.

Someone on here mentioned brining them 24 hours prior and I want to try that the next time, along with a bigger batch prepared. I didnt think the kids would like them, they are 7 and 4 and they ate more than I expected, which pleased me.

Sorry if I missed it,what’s the recipe for those

Here is what I tried.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did drumsticks wrapped in bacon a couple days ago. Wow. Little bit of olive oil, and your rub of choice on the drumsticks, wrap them in bacon, smoke them for an hour and then i turned up the pitboss to 350 until they were around 165. Put some bbq sauce on them and back in until 175. Wow. Ate them so fast that I didnt get a picture but I will next time

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I tried.

Well that’s stupid easy!
I did two big packs
Washed them, pat dry with paper towel
Stirred in big bowl with a good glug of olive oil

Cooked on Joe @400 until crispy indirect heat

The stirred in bowl with S&V shaker

I tried two ways, one with shaker while cooking
And some after the wings were done

It seamed to me any S&V put on them cooked lost some flavour IMO

I’m gunna try the thighs from Costco this way next time

Thx for a easy appy
I’m curious what the dill pickle flavour would be like, I’m gunna try it on a small batch for giggles

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some beef ribs a few weeks back. Best ones to date. Seasoned with traeger prime rib rub and spritzed with dr. Pepper every half hour or so.

Tonight I did up a small elk roast. Hit it with the same rub. Turned out better than I figured it would. Forgot the after pics

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some beef ribs a few weeks back. Best ones to date. Seasoned with traeger prime rib rub and spritzed with dr. Pepper every half hour or so.

Tonight I did up a small elk roast. Hit it with the same rub. Turned out better than I figured it would. Forgot the after pics

Where did u find beef ribs like that?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20190915_185827.jpg 20190915_185944_resized.jpg

First attempt at beef spare ribs. Not bad. I would rate them 8.5 out of 10. Dry brined them last night with kosher salt and then added pepper, onion powder and garlic this morning. Ill be trying them again for sure with some time tweaks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom