AV gas? 100LL Calgary?

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its been covered a few times, but i couldn't find any recent threads. Where do you get your AV gas from, anything near calgary? Thanks!

GRD

Reaction score
I know its been covered a few times, but i couldn't find any recent threads. Where do you get your AV gas from, anything near calgary? Thanks!
I don't buy it, but I believe it can be purchased at Springbank Airport

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We buy quite a bit in the summer and have found if you can get it at a small aiport with a credit card system (smiliar to flightfuels) there is a substantial savings over barrels. we were paying about 1.60/L most of the summer around Edmonton.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it, but I believe it can be purchased at Springbank Airport

blue wave energy in olds stocks it for sledders ( shell bulk dealer)

I was getting it out of the Airdrie airport.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I've bought it at all three locations listed above.
1. You can get it from the executive flight center at Springbank but you have carry your containers out onto the tarmac which makes purchasing barrels much more difficult. When I stopped there they were charging ~$2/liter
2. Bluewave in Olds is the best option I've found. Most of the time the prices are right around the $1.60 mark. Marcel sometimes keeps a barrel or two of avgas as well for sale. You can drive right up to the pump. I believe he only accepts cash for avgas though.
3. The Airdrie Airport is decent too but you have to phone a guy to let you in and I often found it difficult to sync up my availability with his. I believe his prices were in line with bluewave though. They have a credit card system similar to what NoBrakes! was describing.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess i'll have to go with something a bit bitter than a jerry can. Might as well fill up for the season!

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We buy quite a bit in the summer and have found if you can get it at a small aiport with a credit card system (smiliar to flightfuels) there is a substantial savings over barrels. we were paying about 1.60/L most of the summer around Edmonton.

This

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been few years since I've purchased av gas but did get it from Okotoks airport

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh, thanks again guys... thats awesome. just gotta get an aux tank now. be good for the season!

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to buy it at the airport just outside of high river. They have a card lock. Also used to get it at the okotoks air ranch but wasn't cheap...

Top Bottom