Atlin BC Sledders

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
I am trying to find some snowmobilers in the Atlin area. There is a very large Heli-Ski tenure application in for this area. Comment period ends June 30th. I am not sure if it impacts snowmobiling in this area but want to make sure that snowmobilers are aware it is happening. I have tried contacting the Klondike Snowmobile Association, the general Atlin tourism info email, random people, etc. I know there must be some great riding up there that could be in jeopardy. If you are from Atlin, ride Atlin or know someone from Atlin that snowmobiles please contact me at office@bcsf.org for more info.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this is the same tenure application (HUGE)... I know one of the applicants for the tenure. He and his son are also sledders! I can't say for sure, but I don't think he'd be out to kill the sport of sledding in the area. JMO

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
Thanks for your feedback Kevin. I did not mean to imply that this application is a negative and is quite likely going to be a large economic boost for the area. My concern was that the application states that it will impact a few sledders. A few is very ambiguous number in my opinion and being that Atlin is a small community could mean all sledders. I am not familiar with the area and we do not have any clubs there. I just want to make the local sledders are aware of this application so they have an opportunity to provide comments back because as you mentioned it is a HUGE tenure application.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If in fact it is the same applicant; he is a long time Atlin resident and very well known in the small community. He has helped organized their local hill climb, drags etc...

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
Still looking. I am sorry to keep bringing this forward but I am concerned because the application does state that it will impact a few sledders in the area. Few is a very relative number. I would really like someone from the area to look at the application that does not have an interest and provide comments.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still looking. I am sorry to keep bringing this forward but I am concerned because the application does state that it will impact a few sledders in the area. Few is a very relative number. I would really like someone from the area to look at the application that does not have an interest and provide comments.

Maybe get in touch with this club. Atlin appears to be part of their territory.

Klondike Snowmobile Association

Top Bottom