Reaction score
Is Apple TV worth getting?

Seen WD live TV is it better?

Or some other brand?

Last edited:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apple tv costs alot to run. Everytime you want to rent/buy a movie or what not its outrageous.

Sent while not working too hard

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here's what you do, download torrents and put them into iTunes as mp4 either download as or get a converter then you an watch these on your Apple TV .

Then get Netflix an go to unblock us an you can get the American Netflix, not a lot of movies but a ton of tv shows.

Also you can get the remote app for free from apple and use your iPhone as your Apple TV remote. A lot easier for typing stuff in.

It's tiny, And I 3m taped it to the bottom of our tv mounted to the wall so hen we turn the TV towards us te Apple TV is facing us.

The thing is you need a American iTunes account to rent movies if your router is acting as if its in the states.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used quite a few. Apple TV is amazing especially if you have iPhone / iPod / iPad. But not required to use it. Intuitive interface. I have 4 of them.

I've used the Asus and Western Digital, but prefer the Apple TV much better.

Is Apple TV worth getting?

Seen WD live TV is it better?

Or some other brand?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's ok, I liked xbox better for netflix I get errors quite a bit and other issues with netflix on apple tv that I didn't with xbox, but it's free on apple tv. Don't use it for anything else though.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have the WD Live tv for a couple years now. It has the 1TB hard drive.
I DL from PB and have 300 or so movies stored and 20 GB of music. It is hooked to network with ethernet cable so transfering files from computer to media player is fast.
Watching Netflix is not as great as watching from PS3.
The media player is very portable so I can take it with me to play on any tv.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Error are most likely network (internet connection) related. I have the Shaw 50mbps service and we almost never get errors.

I can't see errors coming as a result of the platform or device.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Error are most likely network (internet connection) related. I have the Shaw 50mbps service and we almost never get errors.

Agreed, never get issues watching Netflix on my Xbox.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Both are using wireless internet, same tv, both hooked up the same way, and in the same spot in house. Xbox buffers during movies a lot less, and never has errors. Apple tv is annoying a lot of the time trying to watch netflix.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are using wireless internet, same tv, both hooked up the same way, and in the same spot in house. Xbox buffers during movies a lot less, and never has errors. Apple tv is annoying a lot of the time trying to watch netflix.

Is one wireless and the other wired. I didn't think the Xbox used wifi.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my issues i think are a conflict between a canadian xbox live account and the american set router......every once in a while it will say this show is not available in your area and you hit cancel and retry. if it wont go away you just restart the xbox

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get the apple tv2 and jailbreak it, unlimited movies & tv shows all for free (after initial cost). it's a must have if you spend alot of time on the road living in hotels like i do. and the movie selection on xmbc is WAY better than netflix

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either that or wait for the apple tv3 jailbreak to come out.. and for now download movies and watch them on apple tv.

Top Bottom