Anyone use a motarized Missing Signature Declaration form (MV1484)?

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do the mandatory vehicle registration with my sled but I'm missing my bill of sale. My local ICBC agent suggested using a motarized Missing Signature Declaration form (MV1484). Has anyone done this and is it a fairly easy process? I also noticed on the form there doesn't seem to be anything about purchase price and taxes. With using this declaration am I going to have to lay the taxes at some point in the registration process?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do the mandatory vehicle registration with my sled but I'm missing my bill of sale. My local ICBC agent suggested using a motarized Missing Signature Declaration form (MV1484). Has anyone done this and is it a fairly easy process? I also noticed on the form there doesn't seem to be anything about purchase price and taxes. With using this declaration am I going to have to lay the taxes at some point in the registration process?

I just did it at Hub. In Cranbrook they have a guy that can notorize and stamp them right there, and they had examples of what to write down. Most insurance agents don't have that though, and you have to go to the BC access center and pay them another $17 to stamp it. I had bills of sale for both, but just declared to purchase price and date of purchase in the MV1484 as well. Yes, if you purchased after July 1, 2010 you'll have to pay 12% tax. You'll do that on one of the other upteen forms you have to fill out. I was over an hour for 3 sleds.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I just did it at Hub. In Cranbrook they have a guy that can notorize and stamp them right there, and they had examples of what to write down. Most insurance agents don't have that though, and you have to go to the BC access center and pay them another $17 to stamp it. I had bills of sale for both, but just declared to purchase price and date of purchase in the MV1484 as well. Yes, if you purchased after July 1, 2010 you'll have to pay 12% tax. You'll do that on one of the other upteen forms you have to fill out. I was over an hour for 3 sleds.

Don't you have Alberta relatives? Or are you one who just likes to pay back taxes..........friggin' thieves :confused:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you have Alberta relatives? Or are you one who just likes to pay back taxes..........friggin' thieves :confused:

Fortunately I purchased all of mine before July 1, 2010 and payed no taxes when I registered, but they're still friggin' thieves, and they're keeping me from buying a newer one 'cuz I don't want to pay them 12% on a used sled! :rant:

So I guess they're actually saving me money. :hmm:

Last edited:

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For my quad, I filled out the form, local notary public (ask at village office) with a thing saying "I Billy Bob bought this here mechanical snow shoe November 2009.". Sign date get signatures from guy and done, take it to icbc and cross your fingers.

That said, if icbc agent is being a bastard about it, don't waste time arguing, walk out and visit another office or wait until another person is there. Half the agents I have dealt with this summer had no clue but I'd hope they have their shat together now.

Top Bottom