Anyone ever rent a houseboat on the shuswaps?

• Thread starter ASEMotorsportsTyler
  • Start date

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Houseboating = Diiiirtaaaay!!

Best for single people ;) Nielson Beach was on David Letterman's "Top 10 Places to get Laid "List

We have gone a few times. Usually for a week through August long weekend.

You for sure need a theme. One year we were the Calgary Cougars and were in toga's with super soakers and limbo sticks.

Be sure not to let a drunk person drive your boat and attempt to park at the floating store. And if you do....be sure to untie seadoo boat and jetskis from behind boat. Also make sure there is enough room so that the slide beside you doesnt go all the way down the side of your boat smashing all the windows in its path (VERY embarrassing!)

Also be sure to dump on 'dump days' so not to 'unload' in the lake by mistake.

If you pin it to park ON the beach ....brace yourself ...as the floor may buckle.

Just sayin!!! :rolleyes:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Lmao Emmaa....you did bring up some good points....

Definately have a few theme nights.

Bring more booze than you think you could ever possibly drink because it gets pretty expensive to buy booze out there...

You don't have to be single to go houseboating but you do need to be able to have a good time and not judge. Lol!

So we go to neilson and there are 2 girls going at it hardcore on the beach....people videotaping, taking pics etc...next semester at university in my class there is a huge Beyotch that looks familiar. Where do I know her? Oh right its the girl I saw going at it on the beach...... How I just wanted to bring her a picture the next time she snubbed her nose at someone.........

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should try Kookanoosa..lots of sand beaches not rocks..lots of space to wakeboard..party is as good. Make sure you do not overbook the people..everyone needs their space..too many on a boat can get nasty

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was suppose to go last july but stupid me worked instead. Heard it was insane. Really should of went, just on the boat alone the ratio of single women to guys was 3:1.....was so stupid not to go :(

Hoping to go this year, just gotta get a couple of friends to dump their women so everyones single, couples are lame.....

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy Nic said the exact same thing. Flying out to Mexico Monday.

Yea I know 3 couples and a few single guys went. There was always one couple fighting, I know 2 friends duked it out.

"The Narrows. Biggest, most insane, no holds barred party ever. NOT FOR FAMILIES!!!!! Rated "R"."

Bc Sno-ghost is that constant mid summer? or a specific weekend?

I have a sea-doo stored down there, definitely want to look into some houseboating for sure.

Of course I've never been there all Summer, but I have quite a few friends who frequent the Shuswap and during the Summer holiday months the party is "every night" at the Narrows. Holiday weekends are the craziest! Dam...to be 20 again!:d:beer::beer::beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do it. best time ever on the water. Try to get canada weekend or aug long weekend. PARTY PARTY PARTY. just remember to choose your shipmates wisely. 4 days or more of non stop drinking can lead to ended friendships. If its a couples vacation try o avoid the younger party spots. Anchore up and beers down to you.

You bring up a good point. We have gone a ton of times and have so many stories and images burnt in my brain. Clothes are definately optional, Nielson beach is the place to hang for party time.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a customer that rents theres out and its booked for a couple years in advance .... so must be a blast

Don't do it. When we went last summer a party boat pulled up next to us and all the girls went topless and we had to watch from out hot tub all evening. Terrible experience.:d

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a bunch of buddies are looking at renting a house boat this summer just wondering if anyone has done it and what there experiances were?

Thanks
Tyler

Great time. Here is a tip that will save you time on the lake. Make sure everyone on boat completes this calculation.

1. Most booze ever drank in one day x days on boat = Theoretical amount of booze required (TBR)
  2. TBR x 2 = Realistic amount of booze required. (RBR)
  3. RBR x 2 = Actual amount of booze required. (ABR)

The error that throws this calculation off is "Most Booze drank in One day".

Usually takes liver about a week to recover.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great time. Here is a tip that will save you time on the lake. Make sure everyone on boat completes this calculation.

1. Most booze ever drank in one day x days on boat = Theoretical amount of booze required (TBR)
  2. TBR x 2 = Realistic amount of booze required. (RBR)
  3. RBR x 2 = Actual amount of booze required. (ABR)

The error that throws this calculation off is "Most Booze drank in One day".

Usually takes liver about a week to recover.
EXACTLY!:d:beer:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoseboating trip ended my first marriage.:eek: Started my second.:d

Nuf' said

I am also thinking I may have hooked up with one of those "Calgary Cougars" during my "single" years between marriages. Ah memories

Last edited:
Top Bottom