Anyone ever rent a houseboat on the shuswaps?

• Thread starter ASEMotorsportsTyler
  • Start date
A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

Me and a bunch of buddies are looking at renting a house boat this summer just wondering if anyone has done it and what there experiances were?

Thanks
Tyler

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always wanted to do that just not enuff time in summer, damn work...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It is one of the best summer activities you can doo........... We've done it a few times now. Be sure to have a boat theme........ We went as a race houseboat and had racing banners hanging all along the gaurd rails(my brother worked for michelin, uniroyal, bfg - so we got the flags etc..). Seen one called the lick 'er pigs, and they had blowup dolls hanging all over it, and a big blowup pig as well..... Too funny. We also did the palm tree houseboat, and had blow up palm trees on the top deck. Take lots of fire works!!! Every nite all around the lake you can see the fireworks!!! We'll talk more in mcbride ;)

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rented 2 few years ago 3 couples per boat the cheapest and most fun you can have on the water if you can find someone with a speed boat it is a blast we knee boarded and tubed never drank that much beer in my life the temp was 95 for the 4 days and the water was warm if you go try late summer or early fall rates do come down and early summer the water is still cold

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had more fun houseboatin than goin to mexico, and u can have alotta fun in mexico!

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've seen the lik r pigs boat those guys look like they were having a great time..

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rented one as well, from what I remember it was fun. Our "captain" thought it was a jet drive, so the first night when he tried to beach, he pooched the prop! Me and my buddy took over ( mutiny, if you will) , drove it out about 1/4 mile and turned her and aimed for the beach, as soon as it was starting to get shallow, he trimmed it right up still at ramming speed mind you, big roost out the back and beached it. Didn't need the gang plank and it took us and people from 3 other houseboats to push us off the beach the next morning. :)
ahh to be young and dumb...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was fun, you need someone to take the safety course for driving. When they say room for 8 its 4 couples! haha but if you get drunk enough you dont care where you crash or who you crash with. Also you need to pay for your gas at the end which we didnt know and they do a check over so dont wreck the place. I went with a bunch of useless city guys so i had to beach and un beach it, tie it up and everything.
Also dont get drunk and leave the bbq on, the massive propane tank runs almost everything. Also if you leave the stereo on all night it will kill the batteries and you need to use the back up to start it and dont drive with the water pump on or you will destroy the pump........

Buy a as much booze and food as you can before because the floating store is expensive as hell.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive never rented one, but have seen the fun that happens.. i have a cabin in the shuswaps, many boats park on our beach. its actually quite insane what goes on. good for the single guys, thats for sure

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was fun, you need someone to take the safety course for driving. When they say room for 8 its 4 couples! haha but if you get drunk enough you dont care where you crash or who you crash with. Also you need to pay for your gas at the end which we didnt know and they do a check over so dont wreck the place. I went with a bunch of useless city guys so i had to beach and un beach it, tie it up and everything.
Also dont get drunk and leave the bbq on, the massive propane tank runs almost everything. Also if you leave the stereo on all night it will kill the batteries and you need to use the back up to start it and dont drive with the water pump on or you will destroy the pump........

Buy a as much booze and food as you can before because the floating store is expensive as hell.
And dont try to bring eskimo cheerleaders back to their housboat at night in ur lightless wake/ski boat. They dont mark the log jams, lets just say ouch.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do it. best time ever on the water. Try to get canada weekend or aug long weekend. PARTY PARTY PARTY. just remember to choose your shipmates wisely. 4 days or more of non stop drinking can lead to ended friendships. If its a couples vacation try o avoid the younger party spots. Anchore up and beers down to you.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done it several times. If you're going with your family try to go during the shoulder season. It's cheaper and not as many Party Idiots on the water. If you're single and going with a bunch of guys, go mid summer and hit The Narrows. Biggest, most insane, no holds barred party ever. NOT FOR FAMILIES!!!!! Rated "R".:Cool9: Police boat patrols the party all night and if anyone tries to leave shore they get stopped. A must have is a ski boat to tow behind or a couple of jet skis. Do not drink and boat, you will get caught and you will be in Chit! Get a map and if you want to do a great 1.5 hour hike go to Steam Boat bay and hit the hiking trail. Beautiful waterfall. The bigger, more expensive boats are worth the extra cash. They are so nice. It is definitely a blast but has become so busy you have to really be careful out there.:beer:

Robins

Reaction score
Done it a couple times, first time we were there our group found a cave that was one of the "Bushman of the Shushwap's" hideouts near 4 mile creek. Had a blast jumping off the cliffs on Copper Island. Second time we were there we found Tiilis Landing, good place for cliff jumping also. Almost got our trip cut short while beached at Cinnemousun Narrows late at night for some drunken nakedness. Park ranger says its a family beach... don't stay there if you plan on partying.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had more fun houseboatin than goin to mexico, and u can have alotta fun in mexico!

My buddy Nic said the exact same thing. Flying out to Mexico Monday.

Do it. best time ever on the water. Try to get canada weekend or aug long weekend. PARTY PARTY PARTY. just remember to choose your shipmates wisely. 4 days or more of non stop drinking can lead to ended friendships. If its a couples vacation try o avoid the younger party spots. Anchore up and beers down to you.

Yea I know 3 couples and a few single guys went. There was always one couple fighting, I know 2 friends duked it out.

"The Narrows. Biggest, most insane, no holds barred party ever. NOT FOR FAMILIES!!!!! Rated "R"."

Bc Sno-ghost is that constant mid summer? or a specific weekend?

I have a sea-doo stored down there, definitely want to look into some houseboating for sure.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sister and hubby have done it for about 35 yrs now? they want to retire out there, they shoulda bought 35 yrs ago, she complained then that a beach lot was $5000.00 now its closer to 1 Million

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've gone a couple of times. It's a real blast. We towed along my 17.5' Invader. One evening with all the houseboats parked on shore we cruzed them flying the Jolly Roger and would ask what time it was. When the people would come out to answer we nailed them with water cannons.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Make sure you go to Nielson Beach.....you will see eveything you could possibly dream of there and talk about it afterwards for many, many years.....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom