alberta gold panning

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a bit last year there is gold in most rivers in Alberta but not much have to do a lot of paning for not much.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i thought mostly flour gold, but macronut has staked claims to much of the west country, got a bobcat and dump trailer and all kinds of equipment coming. says a major gold rush. i think full of poop.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow dance? i thought he just had to pee real bad.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone going to do some gold panning this summer. heard macronut is looking to stake claims already. a major gold rush? :theCabin:

Telling my Plans eh lol Better have your own pan when we go out eh!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh dan, i clean out yer friggin ditch and this is the thanks i get!!!!!!!!!:D

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Few years ago while fishing on the north sask some guys were panning and showing us what they were getting where was quite few flakes but i think it was more of a hobby for than making money

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but after a couple days of camping, quadding starts to get boring. It's nice to be able to mix it up a bit. Me and the buddies bought a bunch of nitro rc's to mess around with, always have the fishing gear loaded in the trailer.....I'm thinking that gold panning might be kinda neat to try.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i know i'm going to get flamed for this, but after a couple days of camping, quadding starts to get boring. It's nice to be able to mix it up a bit. Me and the buddies bought a bunch of nitro rc's to mess around with, always have the fishing gear loaded in the trailer.....i'm thinking that gold panning might be kinda neat to try.

actually i thought it might be good for an afternoon some day too.........

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nutts reports no gold on any of his claims, but was inquiring where he could get some dynamite and a mule. I'm thinkin for fishing accelerator or maybe he was lying. going to keep a close watch on this shyster, he may not share. anyone know a good surveillance team.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but after a couple days of camping, quadding starts to get boring. It's nice to be able to mix it up a bit. Me and the buddies bought a bunch of nitro rc's to mess around with, always have the fishing gear loaded in the trailer.....I'm thinking that gold panning might be kinda neat to try.

WTF todd is that why ya sit out the quad rides, sneakin off for some prospectin?

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
We were putting in some pipe down to the red deer river about a month ago and we had to go across an old creek (probably as old as Larry)and i was digging as deep as that 800 komatsu would did we hit some bed rock so I told a pale of stuff home and panned it. Sure enough there is some gold in them hills. Just flower gold not to many flakes but interested none the less. This summer one of my main tools on the rzr will be my gold pan that's for sure

Clinebo

Reaction score
Still gold in them thar hills! I have a blast prospecting on my quad. I can haul lots more stuff up into the hills. Now have a sluice box,as well as the pans,and a spiral concentrator. Back breaking work fur sure....but when you see that yellow gold in the bottom of the pan, its worth the effort.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought that was why we brought beer, to pass the time between rides?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nutts was sayin he wanted some gps positions from our sled rides, i'm gonna have to go back and investigate. that friggin shyster. no numbers from me unless i get a big cut, 30% minimum.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nutts was sayin he wanted some gps positions from our sled rides, i'm gonna have to go back and investigate. that friggin shyster. no numbers from me unless i get a big cut, 30% minimum.

I'm starting to wonder if you know how to work your GPS... Something about cables and software and lots a button pushing.... heheh

Top Bottom