Skool me about gold.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look good for the pricing.
The World Bank predicts the price of gold to decrease to $1,740/oz in 2021 from an average of $1,775/oz in 2020. In the next 10 years, the gold price is expected to decrease to $1,400/oz by 2030.
I dont believe that. But if you do i guess stay away.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I dont believe that. But if you do i guess stay away.It's all a learning curve Dan. Just like the crypto has been. Should have been dong this when I was much younger but we all know what hindsight is about.
It is all a learning curve Dan. Just like the crypto was to me. Should have been into this when I was younger but we all know what hindsight is about.
BTW, that same article mentioned the all time high price of gold was the $1971 +- the other day and I also found someone saying the highest price was $2074.
Love to learn things that keep me interested in life and busy.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want gold buy physical gold not mining companies. It is not an investment, it's a hedge and at best a currency if SHTF. As was already said silver is becoming more popular because it's cheaper and easier to exchange as currency.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is all a learning curve Dan. Just like the crypto was to me. Should have been into this when I was younger but we all know what hindsight is about.
BTW, that same article mentioned the all time high price of gold was the $1971 +- the other day and I also found someone saying the highest price was $2074.
Love to learn things that keep me interested in life and busy.

Yep hindsight is 20/20. If anyone tells you they know what the price of this or that will be in 10years is full of chit.

All you can do is make an educated guess. Its not a bad idea to know what the world bank is saying. But its not my go too for in investment advice.

If i was you id get myself something nice 🙂

But my advice isnt always the best either haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yep hindsight is 20/20. If anyone tells you they know what the price of this or that will be in 10years is full of chit.

All you can do is make an educated guess. Its not a bad idea to know what the world bank is saying. But its not my go too for in investment advice.

If i was you id get myself something nice 🙂

But my advice isnt always the best either haha
If i was you id get myself something nice
🙂

I'm not wanting. I have a pretty good life and a few nice things, IMHO. Just looking at the turmoil the country/world is in now and trying to figure out something if things go further into the tank. No debt, some cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I am still up to a challenge. My wife says I should build one more house!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i was you id get myself something nice
🙂

I'm not wanting. I have a pretty good life and a few nice things, IMHO. Just looking at the turmoil the country/world is in now and trying to figure out something if things go further into the tank. No debt, some cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I am still up to a challenge. My wife says I should build one more house!

Oh i know you do, i can tell. Gold might fit the bill for you, but building the house would be funner. Imo

I have lots of gold and silver its pretty boring though haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Oh i know you do, i can tell. Gold might fit the bill for you, but building the house would be funner. Imo

I have lots of gold and silver its pretty boring though haha
I understand where you are coming from. Building another house and developing a property would keep me out of trouble for 5 years. I don't know if that's what I want or not. That's a big commitment!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home building is usually a great return on investment, especially for someone who can do a bunch of the labour themselves. You could find places to stash your newly acquired gold while you build haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Home building is usually a great return on investment, especially for someone who can do a bunch of the labour themselves. You could find places to stash your newly acquired gold while you build haha
That is true and so far I have been mostly lucky. One house we didn't do so well and that was back in the early '80's when the interest rates went sky high.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A kilo of gold is 60,738$ US as of today.

So yep pretty close to the same price....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ones an ugly bugger though. There is better looking versions of the daytona than that.

I wonder if you can get this watch at walmart. It is 31 million dollars! thats the front and back. Its a 2 face.

31-million-patek-philippe-world-record-breaker-two-faces.jpg

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will just stick with my Berkshire Hathaway Class A

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bad visions silver will skyrocket from 35 to 1000 like gold.......
Geoff stergling make millions like that in the 90s

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have bad visions silver will skyrocket from 35 to 1000 like gold.......
Geoff stergling make millions like that in the 90s
Where's the crystal ball? Like they are saying Ethereum going to be 325% this year. Bitcoin up 200%. Gold is high now. Is there room to make big gobs of money anymore? Silver seems like a logical choice.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about that palladium?

No one ever thinks about palladuim or platinum. The forgotten precious meatals.

You can get palladium and platinum coins and bars too. Just an FYI

20220305_090125.jpg

Top Bottom