A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some parts showed up. Nose cone, bumper, new ball joints, new steering bushings. Just waiting on aftermarket brash bushings for the A-arms
then the front end can go back together.

Next will be the skid. which is probably the most exciting part of the project for me.

poiuytrcc.jpg

The RH roller for the running board showed up too. I have to drill the holes and get it powder coated though.

Was hoping it would come ready to install, but not a big deal.

bnmjhtfg.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And speaking of ski's; I will be getting new ones because these ones are beat.

My favorite thing about the DS2's is the color. I love the fluorescent green. haha

kjhgf.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bushings finally showed up! Now I can put the front end together and get going on the skid.

kjhgfdfg.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made a little progress tonight.

Changed lower steering post bushings. Nothing make an XM feel new again like replacing these:

DSC_2927.jpg
DSC_2936.jpg

Replaced upper ball joints. I have lowers too, but I just replaced them in May, so I'll run the lowers a bit longer before I switch them out again.

DSC_2948.jpg

Now these brass bushing may not seem all that exciting, but I'm pretty stoked on them, cause I hate a sloppy suspension.

DSC_2942.jpg

Front end is fully functional now. Mount the nose cone and front bumper on the weekend, pull the skid ext..

DSC_2944.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some people like my terrain pics, so I am posting 15 oldies cause that's the max allowed.

If you know where all these are great, you must be a Heli Ski pilot. If not they are all Frisby Ridge.

All my pics I take are on Frisby, even my pics of the Boulder cabin are really at Frisby. Just a FYI haha

DSC_4587.jpg
DSC_4685.jpg

DSC_4697.jpg

DSC_4717.jpg

DSC_4799.jpg

DSC_4933.jpg

DSC_6379.jpg

DSC_6385.jpg

DSC_9520nnn.jpg

DSCF4569.jpg

DSCF9447.jpg

DSCF9465.jpg

hdr real.jpg

hhhii.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank for the great pics Dan! Always nice to get thinking about glorious blue bird days now that fall is just around the corner and mornings are starting to get darker....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In order to upload pictures to S&M or instagram I have to resize and lower the quality of the image to around 1mb.
But the original files are anywhere from 24 to 150mbs and very detailed. With those files I can blow them up into some large prints that are really nice.

Here's a pic of one I printed out. 24inch x 36inch. Decorated my shop a bit. :cool:

IMG_0340.jpg

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In order to upload pictures to S&M or instagram I have to resize and lower the quality of the image to around 1mb.
But the original files are anywhere from 24 to 150mbs and very detailed. With those files I can blow them up into some large prints that are really nice.

Here's a pic of one I printed out. 24inch x 36inch. Decorated my shop a bit. :cool:

View attachment 205677

very cool .....i have had a few photos printed on canvas and they have turned out pretty sweet and arent to crazy of a price ...got a couple done at costco that look great but also can order them from 'canvas on demand' ive tried both cant really tell if ones better than the other i think it all depends on quality of photo....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool .....i have had a few photos printed on canvas and they have turned out pretty sweet and arent to crazy of a price ...got a couple done at costco that look great but also can order them from 'canvas on demand' ive tried both cant really tell if ones better than the other i think it all depends on quality of photo....

I got mine done at Walmart. Was 25$ a print. Good quality paper, fairly heavy duty.

Top Bottom