A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bent a ton of stuff, this was with brace kit on, caught a rock on the eagles groomed trail doing about 70 kmh. I think on top of the rip n grip stuff if a guy tied the two top arm bolt together, then put a brace along where the top on each side and tied it all together behind the steering post, a guy might get away with bending a arms.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bent a ton of stuff, this was with brace kit on, caught a rock on the eagles groomed trail doing about 70 kmh. I think on top of the rip n grip stuff if a guy tied the two top arm bolt together, then put a brace along where the top on each side and tied it all together behind the steering post, a guy might get away with bending a arms.

Caught a rock at 70km?? Looks more like you smashed into a rock and probably flew over the bars.... haha :beer:

My sled ghost rode into a 6 foot thick cedar tree and looks better than that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeride S-mod is beefier than the summit's too BTW. Extra bracing from the factory.

ghjk.jpg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. It didn't stop me. Was about 3" tall and rock was sharp on the side I hit and hooked the skeg. Was pretty much covered in snow. From the groomer. Free ride brace up front is what I want to do, then brace around the back of the steering post. Think if I would of just had skegs instead of factory carbides. It would of been fine. Few of my friends said they felt it to, but I had no luck apparently.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. It didn't stop me. Was about 3" tall and rock was sharp on the side I hit and hooked the skeg. Was pretty much covered in snow. From the groomer. Free ride brace up front is what I want to do, then brace around the back of the steering post. Think if I would of just had skegs instead of factory carbides. It would of been fine. Few of my friends said they felt it to, but I had no luck apparently.

Ouch.... Did a hell of a number on the ski too. Sucks, but must have caught pretty hard.

Id chalk that up too bad luck,, but yeah sags might have saved the day in that case!

:beer:

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus are those DS3's???? I hate those skis, keel is too deep. DS2's is where its at IMO.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus are those DS3's???? I hate those skis, keel is too deep. DS2's is where its at IMO.
If you ever get a chance Dan, try grippers centered

One of the best mods I did to the 14

I find side hilling they would not throw ya around through ruts like the ds2 would

I also hate the ds3, and am going to switch the grippers onto t3 and see how it works

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya those are stock DS 3 skid. I'm running a 163 t3. I actually don't mind the skis at all, but I also like the old side hiller skis that came on the 04-05 revs. Even ran them on my t nytro.

I wrecked the ski, s module, front plate on the e module that s module bolts to, spindle, and twisted the bottom a arm where the ball joint sits.

I'm tempted to brace s module up more, then drill a couple holes in upper a arm.
I'm thinking of upper a arm let go I would of got off on a skeg, ski and a arm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya those are stock DS 3 skid. I'm running a 163 t3. I actually don't mind the skis at all, but I also like the old side hiller skis that came on the 04-05 revs. Even ran them on my t nytro.

I wrecked the ski, s module, front plate on the e module that s module bolts to, spindle, and twisted the bottom a arm where the ball joint sits.

I'm tempted to brace s module up more, then drill a couple holes in upper a arm.
I'm thinking of upper a arm let go I would of got off on a skeg, ski and a arm

Yeah brace it up if you are going to do that. I think the A-arms are engineered beefy from the factory, to help brace the S-mod.
Keep it from tacoing when I hit whoops at mach chicken. ext

Just not supposed to hit stuff haha

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ever get a chance Dan, try grippers centered

One of the best mods I did to the 14

I find side hilling they would not throw ya around through ruts like the ds2 would

I also hate the ds3, and am going to switch the grippers onto t3 and see how it works

Polaris skis on my doo?? I don't know about that Tex haha

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm......:nono: you started this lol

He just always appears to have a guys junk on his mind. No point fighting that battle.

But I would run Grippers on a XM as well. The G4 could be different but likely would do well. The Grippers don't push through corners on the trail at high speeds unlike most of the DS and in the pow they are not too wide but still flexible. The DS's all seem stiff. The ski needs some flex.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People have been telling me about how great these Polaris skis are for years
and believe it or not I've tried grippers before...

ds2s are what I'm going to be running on the free ride.

Always appreciate constructive input though

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People have been telling me about how great these Polaris skis are for years
and believe it or not I've tried grippers before...

ds2s are what I'm going to be running on the free ride.

Always appreciate constructive input though
There's a reason why I still haven't put the ds2 skis back on the xm

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried grippers on my XM and must be about the only guy on the internet that didn't like them. They were better on the trail and for most boondocking but they seemed to anchor on a sidehill and I couldn't get used to it. Sold them after 4 honest rides.

Top Bottom