A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And he probably won't sell them to Joe Blow either. I tried to buy material last year to rebuild the shocks on my T3. I ended up buying some raptors instead, didn't cost much more than what was quoted for the KYB revalving.

Enzo is the real deal, worth the money.:beer:

great choice on the Raptors though. awesome shocks too.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And he probably won't sell them to Joe Blow either. I tried to buy material last year to rebuild the shocks on my T3. I ended up buying some raptors instead, didn't cost much more than what was quoted for the KYB revalving.

For a revalve??? Or was the kit quote from enzo with a new freeride rear shock, along with the new springs. That kyb freeride shock is not cheap.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a revalve??? Or was the kit quote from enzo with a new freeride rear shock, along with the new springs. That kyb freeride shock is not cheap.

Just the revalve for 4 chitty T3 KYB shocks. Ended up getting raptors on kijiji for $300 more than the revalve quote. It was easy math, even for a Newfie.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the revalve for 4 chitty T3 KYB shocks. Ended up getting raptors on kijiji for $300 more than the revalve quote. It was easy math, even for a Newfie.

Right on, Did you have the X package shocks or the SP?
The only reason why I ask is, the quote I got for a rebuild seemed pretty good, unless you stole those raptors from the other person you got one heck of a deal.

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another option, but involves shipping them to the states, is Ian at monster performance. Had a set done by him a few years back and he was awesome. Super reasonable too. Dollar right now doesnt help though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another option, but involves shipping them to the states, is Ian at monster performance. Had a set done by him a few years back and he was awesome. Super reasonable too. Dollar right now doesnt help though.

Yeah I've heard good things about Monster performance. Enzo is local and does top notch suspension work so makes sense for me.

Don't have to fuc around with shipping my shocks to the US.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 2017 Freeride Kyb 40's the front shocks have rebound adjustment and the rears don't.

The rear shock is the most important one for me to be able to adjust rebound,, so that kind of sucks....

So I'm going to see if they can add rebound adjustment to my rear shock.

They have it on their Works KYB 40 race shocks:

71cb1ede8d3b8501db9979e40597ab71.jpg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just have been working lots making $$ ext,, but I got a bunch of parts ordered up, so should be making some good progress soon.

Banner Recreation in Golden gave me a set of upper A-arms they had laying around the shop, so that was nice, save's me some $.

Installed the lower G&R brace this afternoon (still have to rivet). And I will be doing the upper G&R braces tommorow.

The uppers involve a lil more thinking, but aren't too bad. I'm also adding 2 plates of my own to the kit to beef the
upper a-arm braces up a bit, cause that is where it bent. I'll post more pics when Im done.

This is what it looked like before for non the Skidoo folks:

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess photobucket doesn't want me to post pics any more? Going to make this thread pretty hard to do going forward.... WTF

Untitled.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't used the Tapatalk app before it connects many forums on one app. It also provides image hosting which is very easy for adding pics from whatever device you have the app on. I never log into S&M anymore.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Im not on taptalk, Ill have to look into that. Snow and mud is the only forum I post on, and I use my computer.
Typing on a phone is a PITA. Use instagram on my phone, don't have to do much typing for instarcrap.

Try to figure something out, for here.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
upper s-mod brace: These ones didnt really need, but they came with the kit and won't hurt.

juhg.jpg

poiuynn.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A-arm Brace: Didnt look closely enough at the kit. Was hoping there was a tab for both ends of the A-arm but there is only a support tab for the one end
on each side.

Probably because tabs for the other end would need to be machined because of that black support piece.
So might look into getting something machined up, then link the 2 tabs with a plate from behind.

Any who tough to explain, so Ill take pics when its done.

bnm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dmf

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone can see the latest pics??

I probably can't save the old ones without paying Photobucket some $ :rolleyes: And **** that...

Top Bottom