My Sled Edits From The Season

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Instead of making a new thread every time, if people are interested i'll post my videos through out the season here. I got a new camera, first two videos were mainly experimenting with the camera, i couldn't edit full quality because of a software issue. $450 upgrade to the studio version and the video quality shows the improvement.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice but I don't get the crap music over the top of most videos these days ...it ain't music you can dance to, can't #k to it, job to understand it ...better to leave just the sounds of the sled

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the vids !!!!
I agree with that guy, tone down the music, more Brap.
Not saying get rid of the music, just dont have it so loud in comparison to the motor IMO. Aint no music video haha
Shred the gnar homeslice !! Vids only got better and better, werent joking first two looked like taken on a cell phone

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice but I don't get the crap music over the top of most videos these days ...it ain't music you can dance to, can't #k to it, job to understand it ...better to leave just the sounds of the sled

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
No music makes for a boring video, slow motion shots dont get sound, the sounds gets butchered when slowed or sped up. So instead of having silent videos. Copyright free music fills in the voids.
You must got a lot of negativity in your life, you got it coming out on the forums recently eh? Hopefully the warm weather cheers you up buddy. (y)
Thanks for sharing the vids !!!!
I agree with that guy, tone down the music, more Brap.
Not saying get rid of the music, just dont have it so loud in comparison to the motor IMO. Aint no music video haha
Shred the gnar homeslice !! Vids only got better and better, werent joking first two looked like taken on a cell phone
Not gonna lie, lots of the audio has my heavy breathing in it lol, climbing up hills and running through the snow is exhausting. To remove the breathing from the audio takes a lot of effort and i save that for my season movie that'll come out at the beginning of next season.

And for the crappy music, i get it, i'd love to use mainstream music. But paying $100,000 for licensing to use a song just isn't going to happen. Most labels wont even entertain a reply back to a request for licensing. I've tried.

t300

Reaction score
No music makes for a boring video, slow motion shots dont get sound, the sounds gets butchered when slowed or sped up.

To each their own, for what it’s worth I’d actually rather to listen to the engine, breathing, whatever before any music, good or not. Not boring to me. Raw noise Helps me imagine being there as opposed to front row at a bar concert. Nice video thanks for posting

Could pull a marketing move, post A and B, one with music one without and see what gets more positive response, let the audience decide.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice edits! You will never please everyone with music/no music. Make a video that you like. I don’t care about copyright claim. Most of my videos have copyright claims on them. But I guess if you’re going to try and get some cash for your videos you need copyright free music. At the end of the day you need great footage, great riders, the latest sleds, deep snow and a little narration. Tough market to get into now a days as there is so much content and only so much free time in the day to sit around on your ass and watch YouTube.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice edits! You will never please everyone with music/no music. Make a video that you like. I don’t care about copyright claim. Most of my videos have copyright claims on them. But I guess if you’re going to try and get some cash for your videos you need copyright free music. At the end of the day you need great footage, great riders, the latest sleds, deep snow and a little narration. Tough market to get into now a days as there is so much content and only so much free time in the day to sit around on your ass and watch YouTube.
Reason i try to avoid copyright claims is in 2018 i used mainstream music. Didn't care about copyright and half of the videos were taken down, blocked from being played at all. So all the effort i put in went to waste. At least with the copyright free music it gives me a leg to stand on to dispute the removal.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reason i try to avoid copyright claims is in 2018 i used mainstream music. Didn't care about copyright and half of the videos were taken down, blocked from being played at all. So all the effort i put in went to waste. At least with the copyright free music it gives me a leg to stand on to dispute the removal.

that was pre covid, world changed. try again haha

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Curious as to how you get the distance/height shots are you using a drone? Cool vid otherwise.
Yes, im using a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. The drop shot i just set up the drone and recorded while i grabbed my camera and used it. And when Cody was doing hop overs i flew the drone myself.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, im using a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. The drop shot i just set up the drone and recorded while i grabbed my camera and used it. And when Cody was doing hop overs i flew the drone myself.
Very cool man, i also have a Mavic Air 2S and often wondered how the cold would effect the batt life but it looks to me like you get decent batt life to do the vids. Of course weather permitting and nice clear days helps out alot, your pretty smooth on the controls as well, as i seen. They are very touchy and fast depending on mode your using but otherwise your vids look very cool and well done.(y)

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Very cool man, i also have a Mavic Air 2S and often wondered how the cold would effect the batt life but it looks to me like you get decent batt life to do the vids. Of course weather permitting and nice clear days helps out alot, your pretty smooth on the controls as well, as i seen. They are very touchy and fast depending on mode your using but otherwise your vids look very cool and well done.(y)
You can set your sensitivity in the menu to be as responsive as you'd like. There's also a quick mode called "cinematic" that slows and smooths all your inputs down.

Battery life is very temperature sensitive. When it's cold cold you can expect 50% battery performance. You can keep them in a warm compartment all day long, but once they get in the air those props are turning pushing cold air by the battery. I get around 20 minutes of film time out of a battery. Yours may be better as it's smaller and battery tech has gotten better.

Top Bottom