A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the pictures from yesterday now:confused: So maybe others can see them to now? Let me know please& thanks.:beer:

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the frequency of RCMP ? I got a couple and I'm programing lots in.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the frequency of RCMP ? I got a couple and I'm programing lots in.

Word of warning to anyone using their radios to listen to Police, Ambulance...etc, etc. You are not licensed to transmit on those frequencies and if you accidentally use your PTT (push to talk) button you will be interfering with that service and they will NOT be happy. I have had a PTT button jam in the on position on one of my Baofeng radios and the radio is now fawked.

The radios can be configured in Frequency Mode and saved to Channel Mode so that the Police, emergency frequencies are Receive only and you cannot transmit while in Channel Mode...you can still transmit in frequency mode though, so get in the habit of programing frequencies and then using Channel Mode. Lots of info on the web about programming these radios.

To no one in particular...do not be one of those guys that intentionally or unintentionally transmits on an emergency frequency.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Word of warning to anyone using their radios to listen to Police, Ambulance...etc, etc. You are not licensed to transmit on those frequencies and if you accidentally use your PTT (push to talk) button you will be interfering with that service and they will NOT be happy. I have had a PTT button jam in the on position on one of my Baofeng radios and the radio is now fawked.

The radios can be configured in Frequency Mode and saved to Channel Mode so that the Police, emergency frequencies are Receive only and you cannot transmit while in Channel Mode...you can still transmit in frequency mode though, so get in the habit of programing frequencies and then using Channel Mode. Lots of info on the web about programming these radios.

To no one in particular...do not be one of those guys that intentionally or unintentionally transmits on an emergency frequency.

I had been told that if you program them with the CHIRP software if you select duplex "off" it will prevent the radio from transmitting on that channel.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had been told that if you program them with the CHIRP software if you select duplex "off" it will prevent the radio from transmitting on that channel.

That is correct. Pretty sure it only applies while in Channel Mode though. If in Frequency Mode, I believe you can still transmit...not 100% sure on that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I helped Shaede guide a big group of newbs. A couple guys from New Zealand, a couple guys from south Carolina and a couple of very attractive blond girls from Revy:d

We just went up Boulder and took us 8 hours to go to super bowl and back...lol

The riding wasn't exactly epic, but still an Awesome day! Definitely could be doing worse things on a Tuesday.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple more pics of Yesterday on Frisby. Snow was way better up that way....

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
All pics working fine for me.

As for RCMP frequencies, it's public knowledge. Just google it. "RCMP radio frequency for (your area)" I have all of alberta programmed in my Jeep. Can also find STARS, EMS, and Airport frequencies. As said already tho, do NOT hit your PTT button while on any of them.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the snow looks better on frisby and more pictures of the blondes?

Haha,, I didn't take many pics today, but if you check out Marks Face book page in a day or two I'm sure he'll have some more.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All pics working fine for me.

As for RCMP frequencies, it's public knowledge. Just google it. "RCMP radio frequency for (your area)" I have all of alberta programmed in my Jeep. Can also find STARS, EMS, and Airport frequencies. As said already tho, do NOT hit your PTT button while on any of them.

Good to know. Thanks:beer:

Top Bottom