A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And good luck finding a Oakley medusa with the goggles as they're rare and your looking around $700-$1000 for the hat that Schaede is wearing

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Shaede, he calls me up this morning and tells me he has a group that wants to go out, but he had to go to
Vernon. So he asked if I could take them out. I had nothing better going on, so I say sure.

I get to the Boulder Parking lot and he's got 10 German guys that have never ridden sleds and only a couple
of them spoke any English....

So me and Carter took them for tour around Boulder. Today was really more stressful than fun.
We had 150,000$ in rental sleds up there, riding on Ice, with 10 guys that can't ride or speak English.

Brought everyone back alive & made some cash, so over all not a bad day:)

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shaede doesn't usually wear a helmet,,, just the dreads....haha

Sound's like he is a real fine example and ambassador for our sport and sledding community.

Makes me wonder what kind of qualification he has to guide people and take on that kind of responsibility and liability? A straight up question that i would ask anyone that i would hire or anyone that would guide me and my friends and get paid for it.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sound's like he is a real fine example and ambassador for our sport and sledding community.

Makes me wonder what kind of qualification he has to guide people and take on that kind of responsibility and liability? A straight up question that i would ask anyone that i would hire or anyone that would guide me and my friends and get paid for it.
Mark is a free spirit, but more than qualified to do what he does. He has pioneered alot of new area's in the Revy area, served as a tireless member of SAR over the years and has been a great ambassador for the sport. Don't even get me started on what his fathers accomplishments are in the sport, as there are not to many peers that Herb has to look up to. Next time I'm in Vernon I look forward to riding Lund Lane. You do have an area named after you, right?:rolleyes:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't think of anyone better than Schaede for knowing ever nook and cranny on Boulder, and having your back. And Herb, is the basically the godfather of Boulder!!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark is a free spirit, but more than qualified to do what he does. He has pioneered alot of new area's in the Revy area, served as a tireless member of SAR over the years and has been a great ambassador for the sport. Don't even get me started on what his fathers accomplishments are in the sport, as there are not to many peers that Herb has to look up to. Next time I'm in Vernon I look forward to riding Lund Lane. You do have an area named after you, right?:rolleyes:

No i don't.
But i'm also a part time member of the Vernon SAR's so i know what is involved.
Plus a member of the BCCSOA, certified, qualified and registered guide with liability insurance. So again its a legit question to ask any guide don't you think?

BTW, if you really inform your self, you'ed find out the knowledge of a certain riding area and your riding skill's do not necessarily make you a guide. Though good to have, a guide requires certain certification's and training to be a legit guide with liability insurance.
Look us up under the BCCSOA for requirement guidlines.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i don't.
Plus a member of the BCCSOA, certified, qualified and registered guide with liability insurance. So again its a legit question to ask any guide don't you think?

BTW, if you really inform your self, you'ed find out the knowledge of a certain riding area and your riding skill's do not necessarily make you a guide. Though good to have, a guide requires certain certification's and training to be a legit guide with liability insurance.
I am well aware of what a guides qualifications are as it has been covered in previous threads on this site.I guess what I am saying is you shouldn't always judge a book by the cover. Marks qualifications probably put him in the War and Peace category when it comes to the size of the book.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am well aware of what a guides qualifications are as it has been covered in previous threads on this site.I guess what I am saying is you shouldn't always judge a book by the cover. Marks qualifications probably put him in the War and Peace category when it comes to the size of the book.

Not questioning Mark's skill or character, he sounds like a very nice guy but just asking a simple question that anyone hiring a guide should really ask.
When you take a group out into the wilderness free of charge, no money being exchanged, then it's at your own risk kinda ride. NON PROFESSIONAL.
But when money is being exchanged for a service, that is a whole new ball game. You are now excepting responsibility for the live's of the people in that group.
Something happen's......you don't have proper insurance or paper's to say your trained......the law will have your BALL's.

Plus i spent nearly $5,000 to become certified back in 2006, it kinda rubs me the wrong way when people just kinda do it with out the certification's that i had to work for to be legit.
Because of things like this i know of several guides, including myself that cannot afford the liability insurance because we are being under sold.
This will continue till someone gets really hurt or killed then maybe chit will hit the fan.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i don't.

i guess Vernon is a safe place for a guided trip. Lund your hero cookies are in the mail. Not only is mark very good at what he does, he's raped parts of one of his rentals a time or two that weren't being used so we could keep riding. Nothing wrong with putting a spin on a guided trip with a bit of humour for a group that is out for the first time getting a feel for our sport.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i don't.

Mark Shaede is fully trained and owns 1 of 2 sled guiding companies that actually have tenure in Revelstoke and has like 2500days + on Boulder Mountain
and has trails on Boulder named after him, so kindly STFU and beat it please....

Last edited:

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark Shaede is fully trained and owns one of 2 sled guiding companies that actually have tenure in Revelstoke and has like 2500days + on Boulder Mountain
and has trails on Boulder named after him, so kindly STF and beat it please....
Well said Lil Duke!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark Shaede is fully trained and owns one of 2 sled guiding companies that actually have tenure in Revelstoke and has like 2500days + on Boulder Mountain
and has trails on Boulder named after him, so kindly STF and beat it please....
not to mention both mark and his fathers in involvement with the revy club over the years.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark also has a great sniffer. He always seems to show up at Zalas just when my meal shows up and eats half of it. Lol. And that's just mark. Great family the shaede's are.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just asking a very simple question, that's all. But some had to turn it into a BS session instead of a constructive conversation.

BTW lilduke, you are a lucky man to be able to ride and enjoy this sport daily, went through some of your thread...nice.

Top Bottom