A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just asking a very simple question, that's all. But some had to turn it into a BS session instead of a constructive conversation.

BTW lilduke, you are a lucky man to be able to ride and enjoy this sport daily, went through some of your thread...nice.

Thank you Lund & no worries. Mark is a great guy, he mostly does tours for new riders these day. He shows them a good time and keeps them
out of trouble up there and shows them cool places that most don't know about.

He isn't 20 any more so he likes to bring guys like me or Carter or Jonny ext along to pull on skies ext for him when these guys get stuck.
I want to run my own guiding operation one day, so its good experience for me. Especially when the conditions aren't spectacular for riding any ways,
I enjoy it.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DRD

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Lund & no worries. Mark is a great guy, he mostly does tours for new riders these day. He shows them a good time and keeps them
out of trouble up there and shows them cool places that most don't know about.

He isn't 20 any more so he likes to bring guys like me or Carter or Jonny ext along to pull on skies ext for him when these guys get stuck.
I want to run my own guiding operation one day, so its good experience for me. Especially when the conditions are spectacular for riding any ways,
I enjoy it.

Cheers Dan

Dan, i don't know your plan's but if your thinking of guiding professionally and you need info on requirement and training involved to do this as a certified guide. Let me know i can help you get in touch. Or actually you can contact our guide association for info. BCCSOA, British Columbia Commercial Snowmobile Operator Association.
They will have all the info needed to get certified........IF that's your plan.

I have guided in Revy numerous times since 2006 but my regular territory was Owls head and Hunters range. Along side Rene St onge and his operation. Just like me i don't think he guides much anymore. The liability insurance kills you.

Anyhow good luck on your quest, maybe i'll see you up there one day...haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, i don't know your plan's but if your thinking of guiding professionally and you need info on requirement and training involved to do this as a certified guide. Let me know i can help you get in touch. Or actually you can contact our guide association for info. BCCSOA, British Columbia Commercial Snowmobile Operator Association.
They will have all the info needed to get certified........IF that's your plan.

I have guided in Revy numerous times since 2006 but my regular territory was Owls head and Hunters range. Along side Rene St onge and his operation. Just like me i don't think he guides much anymore. The liability insurance kills you.

Anyhow good luck on your quest, maybe i'll see you up there one day...haha

Thanks again, but I know what I need to do already, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck...lol

I also see Rene St Onge out guiding people all the time, I ride at Eagles pass lots.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, but I know what I need to do already, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck...lol

I also see Rene St Onge out guiding people all the time, I ride at Eagles pass lots.

Nice, i haven't seen him in a while. Ya his area is Eagles and Owls head. We over lap at Owls head. Last time i talk to him he was struggling, glad its working out now.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We call this guy the "wheely king" he's all about the tail standers!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Note to self: never even consider buying a used sled from Revelstoke.

Why???? LMAO!! :beer:

Edit: I wouldn't buy used cars from Revy either,,, You should see those things catching air down at the flats.
Its Redneck paradise down there...lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom