2025 Are you ready?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy who was on factory turbos since early release and went back to 165 NA that had skid switched to Carbon skid and 175 track.Has a bunch of lightweight components on that sled and it’s real impressive.He caught a rare deep day earlier this season and had zero regrets going back to NA riding with a bunch of turbos.

a 175 NA is an extremely capable machine. Not fun, but capable

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I ride with a guy who was on factory turbos since early release and went back to 165 NA that had skid switched to Carbon skid and 175 track.Has a bunch of lightweight components on that sled and it’s real impressive.He caught a rare deep day earlier this season and had zero regrets going back to NA riding with a bunch of turbos.
No way I would do it, even if I had all the trick bits, rode shellys sled and its great but turbo is better everywhere...he says that cause he has it, stock turbo sled over lighter weight n/a every day of the week! Sure the 175 n/a will go every place as will a 165, but it won't put a smaile on your face like the turbo will. That is what is so fun about it. I will ride up to a point on a n/a, and the same point on a turbo and on the turbo you smile is bigger fosho! If buget does not allow then of course N/a is great but there is not way in hell i would ever choose a N/a over the ski doo turbo, the great thing about the ski doo is if you ride it on a lame day your not bring any more fuel or oil its a n/a until you want the power or need it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way I would do it, even if I had all the trick bits, rode shellys sled and its great but turbo is better everywhere...he says that cause he has it, stock turbo sled over lighter weight n/a every day of the week! Sure the 175 n/a will go every place as will a 165, but it won't put a smaile on your face like the turbo will. That is what is so fun about it. I will ride up to a point on a n/a, and the same point on a turbo and on the turbo you smile is bigger fosho! If buget does not allow then of course N/a is great but there is not way in hell i would ever choose a N/a over the ski doo turbo, the great thing about the ski doo is if you ride it on a lame day your not bring any more fuel or oil its a n/a until you want the power or need it.

exactly, they will all go the same place but the turbo puts a much bigger grin on your face

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed that they didn’t release a 121” 4” paddle so re entry could be done in parking lot and cut back on trail traffic🙂

121s are lame. The 121 guys..

Screenshot_20230924_193043_Gallery.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get some cti2's. Even for just riding in the trees they'll help a lot
Mine are still good. Wrists are getting a little beat up though.

But have been considering braces as a precautionary. Do they make those with a knee pad built in?

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the guys I ride with are on turbos,is the power difference mind blowing obviously for a lot it is.I seem to grin a lot on a 175 NA,Maxwell says there no fun but I disagree.Over the years been on the lowest HP sleds most times,sometimes less than half the HP but never missed much🤓

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun on the big banana [ 2015 t3 174 yellow]. That was before the turbo craze. I remember Norona having a vid out saying how much fun they were.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new ones are are easier to ride, thats forsure.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new ones are are easier to ride, thats forsure.
I don’t know about that. Went up
For a trip
A couple weeks ago with 6-8” fluff on the concrete. Blew my sled up. Borrowed a 174 t3 for trip. Cousin and his wife rented a 146” and a 165” turbo doo. The power is great, the handling wasn’t the best in my opinion. Lots of feed Back through the bars when side hilling slow not using the power. Thought one would have it. But both sleds where very similar

Not what I was expecting. Could be setup with them being rentals. I wasn’t the only one that noticed it sled hopping though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a trip
A couple weeks ago with 6-8” fluff on the concrete. Blew my sled up. Borrowed a 174 t3 for trip. Cousin and his wife rented a 146” and a 165” turbo doo. The power is great, the handling wasn’t the best in my opinion. Lots of feed Back through the bars when side hilling slow not using the power. Thought one would have it. But both sleds where very similar

Not what I was expecting. Could be setup with them being rentals. I wasn’t the only one that noticed it sled hopping though.

To be honest I like the Polaris handling better. Too bad they are such a POS

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a trip

The feedback in the bars when sidehilling slow is a common complaint, its something I do not like about my G5. Will the new ski design help with that? I was hoping to see a new spindle design released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom