Fiat V8 hemi is gonzo?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 hemi's for personal vehicles and both have been great,,, so what ever. Shitty luck for you/
Had 5 between personal and fleet trucks. Had 400k on my 04. Hemi tick on every single one. Never any engine issues though besides the tick and occasional broken manifold studs. Front end on the heavy dutys was a different story.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had 5 between personal and fleet trucks. Had 400k on my 04. Hemi tick on every single one. Never any engine issues though. Front end on the heavy dutys was a different story.

My green truck has a little exhaust tick from a manifold bolt that broke. (Pretty common) So doing headers. If it gets the cam tick, good excuse to put in a high lift cam.

That truck is just for fun, not for work though

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My green truck has a little exhaust tick from a manifold bolt that broke. (Pretty common) So doing headers. If it gets the cam tick, good excuse to put in a high lift cam.

That truck is just for fun, not for work though
Had my fair share of broken exhaust manifold bolts over the years as well. Better than primary clutch bolts I guess.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as long as you are driving them they are fine. Its the excessive idling thats the problem. if your truck idled on site for 8 hours a day it wouldnt make 150,000km
I've got trucks that day otherwise. Couple of my old fleet trucks were oilfield. Ran 12 hours a day during the winter. Glad they didn't show engine hours back then. But i think the newest mds engines may have been more prone to the problem.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as long as you are driving them they are fine. Its the excessive idling thats the problem. if your truck idled on site for 8 hours a day it wouldnt make 150,000km

We already talked about that. If you want to idle all day, not the right engine. Newer GMC gaser isn't going to like idling all day a whole bunch more Im thinking though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my fair share of broken exhaust manifold bolts over the years as well. Better than primary clutch bolts I guess.

These will look a whole lot nicer though

1710980000141.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably sound real nice too.

My buddy has a set of long tubes on his challenger with a full exhaust. Sounds mean. Got kicked off the race track last fall though for being too loud.

I have a cat back right now, sounds pretty good. I ran straight pipe for a bit, but it was too loud lol

Manifold has to be fixed either way, so its header time.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cat back right now, sounds pretty good. I ran straight pipe for a bit, but it was too loud lol

Manifold has to be fixed either way, so its header time.

Definitely the better way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costs money, lots of money. The 10 speed longitudinal and 9 speed transverse transmissions were jointly developed by Ford and GM in effort to split the cost of development. Now of course they each build them in their own factories with some differences between them and run their own programming and shifting logic, but the fundamental designs are the same.

It could also be argued that the new boosted motors such as the Hurricane negate the need for the additional 2 gear ratios. Take the EcoBoost for example, while it works good with the 10 speed, it doesn't need all those ratios as it has such a broad power band. Driving a 5.0 with the 10 speed is pretty wicked though, it does a really good job at keeping the engine in it's powerband.

We have a 5.0 ford 10 speed at work, what hunk of garbage, drive it lots, my last hemi would of ate that thing for breakfast

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And if it drove for those 8 hrs everyday it would put an extra 1000 km a day on and would have had a million km on it, idling is as hard on engine life as is driving. If you need to idle a truck all day to keep warm buy a diesel or a Tesla

Top Bottom