Yamaha to exit the snowmobile market

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the prairies polaris dealers have been dropping like flies. corporate demands exceed actual activity. just can't see new dealers opening.
Yep. I doubt BRP will be signing up any new dealers unless there is a hole they want to fill. They appear to be downsizing their dealer network rather than adding to it based on the past 5 years.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yha better have some cash if yha want a doo or poo franchise,,, and be willing too buy $$$ inventory...

Both have an allotment required too handle their products...

Correct,,, skidoo isn't looking for retailers unless there is a particular area they are interested in moving into...

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the manufacturers are bully’s… with BRP being at the top of the list…

It’s sad that these companies do this to their own dealers… its the small dealers that build the most brand loyalty in their service area….

Soon, everyone will be ordering their products direct from the greedy manufacturer and be left with little to no service representatives/locations.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they were doomed as soon as they dropped the bravo
Yama buddie in the business told me bravos cost almost the same as a vmax to make. They literally sold for almost cost. Their Plan was to create future sales and create new customers. They were a kick as little sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yama buddie in the business told me bravos cost almost the same as a vmax to make. They literally sold for almost cost. Their Plan was to create future sales and create new customers. They were a kick as little sled.

i bought two brand spankin new full load long track bravos in 2000 for 2150$ each tax in. Just sold them for 3500 each

they were an affordable, reliable lifeline for the folks up north

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably didn’t help Yamahas pockets either when out east they can put 30,000km or more on sleds,I’ve even seen 40,000 km on a few for sale. Lots of the 2 strokes would last aswel,I remember it wasn’t a big deal to see 8000-10000km on the SRV

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this really a thread?

They haven’t made a sled since the 2 stroke era. Rx-1, nytro, sidewinder…. There all flops for the mountain market.
Some of the boys from fort sask, fort mac etc. think they are the ch!t but realistically have been garbage for over 20 years

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really want a VK 540 for ice fishing! But a side wonder short track would make a good lake racer/ ditch banger. But that’s about the only sleds worth it for me.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. I doubt BRP will be signing up any new dealers unless there is a hole they want to fill. They appear to be downsizing their dealer network rather than adding to it based on the past 5 years.
I see on the way to the lake that Basecamp is opening a dealership in Fernie!:unsure:

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam this sucks to hear
So much for buying a 2027 to match my 97 :(

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems the sled engineers at Yamaha were gone a long time ago. Only the sales and marketing dept still existed.

They should have stuck with music instruments, and Drum Sets haha

Top Bottom