2025 Are you ready?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Summit X and Summit X Expert are both 34 front end , the new 36 kyb resevoir shocks fit the 34 front end so you could update your 23-24 if you wanted to.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My self, not a big fan of this type of tech. on a sled. Basically not sold on it unless someone can convince me otherwise. I understand the idea of knowing where your buddy is, but the question is "HOW COME YOU NEED THAT TYPE OF TECH TO RIDE WITH YOUR PARTNER". NO tech can beat visual.
I have been sledding for well over 40/45yrs, all I see in this tech is taking sledders back to poor judgement and complacent actions that will lead to bad mountain etiquette.
Hell, I see that already in riders with out it.

So you can see your friend on a screen, but how would you know he's OK, maybe for the last 3-4mins he has been pinned under his sled with his head in a creek. Your not there with any visual, but hey you can see him on a screen.
Mountains rules are simple, riders ride in pair with visual contact at all times, break that rule and you may have a real bad day.
Relying on tech. makes for bad outdoors skills, for sledders, bad riding etiquette.
Cool to have it, but it ain't going to make you wiser when your not.
I could have used it once. I was in a group with two other guys and we left for the parking lot fairly early in am.
Was another group with 4 other guys that had some running around to do ended up getting up an hour to two later than us.
That we would of liked to ride with.

We talk about where we were headed and what radio channel we were running. Never did find that group that day.
Talked to them when we went for supper and sounds like we were across the lake and down a hill from them.

Not sure if the Polaris dash would let us lock in with them or not either. Been handy if it did though.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all I was mis informed by someone about the stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikermz250

Reaction score
Summit X and Summit X Expert are both 34 front end , the new 36 kyb resevoir shocks fit the 34 front end so you could update your 23-24 if you wanted to.
Dave, I thought I saw one of the ambassadors mention a slight redesign to the upper A-Arm on the 2025 to accommodate the piggybacks on the expert?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave, I thought I saw one of the ambassadors mention a slight redesign to the upper A-Arm on the 2025 to accommodate the piggybacks on the expert?

This I was actually wondering about this. The 34” front end will not work on the freeride so what’s different on the expert.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This I was actually wondering about this. The 34” front end will not work on the freeride so what’s different on the expert.

Freeride has 42mm shocks, expert has 36mm. Probably enough difference to fit.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have an official answer but very few 175s are sold in comparison to 146/154/165. I wish they would have kept it for the guys that like it as polaris and cat dont have a 175 option either. So now your left doing it yourself
Yeah sucks for the non bow tie, re entry crowd. Not everyone likes riding around on the last foot of the track. Oh well saves my wallet a bunch of grief.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah sucks for the non bow tie, re entry crowd. Not everyone likes riding around on the last foot of the track. Oh well saves my wallet a bunch of grief.

Might need a racers edge or something.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeride has 42mm shocks, expert has 36mm. Probably enough difference to fit.

Those are 40’s on the freeride. It’s how low the reservoir hung off the shock that’s the issue.
The pro 40s that Enzo uses fits a 34” but the reservoir is mounted differently.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are 40’s on the freeride. It’s how low the reservoir hung off the shock that’s the issue.
The pro 40s that Enzo uses fits a 34” but the reservoir is mounted differently.
You're correct. I guess my main point was different shocks. Reservoirs look slightly more tucked in maybe.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No fun to make it up first try back in the 146 days we could make any hill a challenge now with the turbo and 3 tracks takes alota snow to make it difficult

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Maxwell answered perfectly, be cool to do a 165 with 175 rails and track!!!
I ride with a guy who was on factory turbos since early release and went back to 165 NA that had skid switched to Carbon skid and 175 track.Has a bunch of lightweight components on that sled and it’s real impressive.He caught a rare deep day earlier this season and had zero regrets going back to NA riding with a bunch of turbos.

Top Bottom