2020’s

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how does one get a 2020? Spoke to International in Langley today and they don't have any and won't be getting any other than the snowcheck's. No factory rebates on 2019's yet, so pricing on 19's is higher than the snowcheck price on a '20. That isn't gonna happen. I guess wait and be patient and see if anyone backs out?

Call around to different dealers or scour kijiji. One might turn up.

iceback

Reaction score
Oh wait , you mean I can pay more for a 19 than 20 �� , Spring order or no go , only winner here is the manufacturer, dealer takes in the shorts not being able to supply the demand walking in the door . Winter sports industry is like farming , some years are good some aren’t , got play the right cards .
Don't think this one will play out like everyone hoped , the other guys ( the ones that Start with a P and S ) have product to sell on the floor .
I think Cat has a winner , but it’s too bad they can’t supply .

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you sell an inferior product, you will always have product to sell.

If you sell something a lot of people want but limit the supply, you can charge more for what is available, maintain its resale value better. Really good business tactics imo.

iceback

Reaction score
Not looking for a pissing match or brand bashing here , just say that marketing wise companies with high demand products will typically have a first batch sold out , get your order in for the next round , be it next quarter or mid season whatever they can produce in the given time frame .
It would be interesting to know if Cat sold all that they could produce using this marketing strategy .

TyDwyer51

Reaction score
Ralph’s in Calgary has a 2020 hardcore on the floor for 15,9 I believe ... don’t quote me on that

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how does one get a 2020? Spoke to International in Langley today and they don't have any and won't be getting any other than the snowcheck's. No factory rebates on 2019's yet, so pricing on 19's is higher than the snowcheck price on a '20. That isn't gonna happen. I guess wait and be patient and see if anyone backs out?

That was the point of Cats snowcheck program. You got a real good price by committing in the spring, Cat knew exactly how many sleds they needed to build, there is no excess inventory they are going to have to discount, and dealers can finally get rid of the older sleds that have been hanging around. Maybe if they clear out the backlog they will produce in season sleds again next year. Sure they will probably lose some sales to the other brands due to no current stock on the floor, but based on the number of crates I saw at a couple of dealers, they probably sold as many, or more sleds for snowcheck, as they ever did in a whole year.

And given that there are people who don’t want the Alpha, and that is all they produced for 2020, they will probably be able to sell the previous year twin rail models.

Last edited:

SledderX

Reaction score
I think there are lots of people in the same predicament. Lets hope Cat releases rebates on the leftover 19' stock soon. Even if you find a 2020 that someone has backed out of, dealers are selling for full retail.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are lots of people in the same predicament. Lets hope Cat releases rebates on the leftover 19' stock soon. Even if you find a 2020 that someone has backed out of, dealers are selling for full retail.

Yup, I talked to the local cat dealer and they said roughly 16,XXX for a backed out snow check, so they’re getting the deposit, paying the balance of 14,XXX and asking 2-3k more, yeah right

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I talked to the local cat dealer and they said roughly 16,XXX for a backed out snow check, so they’re getting the deposit, paying the balance of 14,XXX and asking 2-3k more, yeah right

You want it or don’t you ? Pretty simple ? Lol
I would be doing the same this time of year unless it was a long time good customer.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that much, I’m pretty patient.
Exactly.
How dumb do you have to be to pay $2k more than the other guy? Or how about the guys paying $16k for a new '19, when your neighbour paid $14k for a '20. Nothing like taking a $6k plus tax hit in the first year.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly.
How dumb do you have to be to pay $2k more than the other guy? Or how about the guys paying $16k for a new '19, when your neighbour paid $14k for a '20. Nothing like taking a $6k plus tax hit in the first year.

I totally agree, I’d rather but a holdover or a demo sled that pay a premium for something I’ve never thrown a leg over. I won’t pay more than the next guy, that’s just not me.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, I’d rather but a holdover or a demo sled that pay a premium for something I’ve never thrown a leg over. I won’t pay more than the next guy, that’s just not me.

Thing is there are lots of folks that will. I’ve worked with a few guys like that. Don’t care, I want it, take my money.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly.
I think 2000$ is fair for a dealer taking a risk of ordering some for their floor. If you wanted one you should have ordered one Cat made it perfectly clear in their spring order program. I ordered a 2020 cat and I’m for one glad a guy that didn’t order can’t buy one for the same price I paid. For once there was an incentive to snow check.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Exactly.
Headline-DOO BE MAKIN’ MOVIES, CAT BE MAKIN’ MOVES!
For years bedwettin’ sledders cried about sled resale value. Now Cat is getting more for a 2019 sled than a 2020 brand new snowchecked one and y’all are crying again.
“How dumb do you have to be pay 2k more......?”
Well, not dumb at all. If you didn’t order one, you may not get one. That’s how “dumb” Textron is turning the brand around. People want what they can’t have so watch how many people snowcheck a 2021 for next year. Textron again running circles around the other three brands and it’s funny as heck to watch. But hey, Textron doesn’t know anything about the sled market.
The value of used Alphas just went up and sledders are crying again. Too funny. Sledder’s are fkd.
Feel free to buy a leftover Doo or Poo and see how much you lose on resale. That 2k more you paid may not be so painful now hey? You dummy.

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For years bedwettin’ sledders cried about sled resale value. This year, Cat is getting more for a 2019 sled than a 2020 brand new snowchecked one and y’all are crying again.
To hear “How dumb do you have to be pay 2k more......?”
Well, not dumb at all. If you didn’t order one, you may not get one. That’s how “dumb” Textron is turning the brand around. Textron again showed the other 3 how it’s done. But hey, they don’t know what they are doing.
The value of used Alphas just went up and sledders are crying again. Too funny. Sledder’s are fkd.
Well Kane, I agree with all your points on Textron. 100% agree it was a great idea. Just a bit of a shock to actually see them pull it off and next year we will take them serious. The value of used Alpha's did not go up. You think the handful of new 2019 Alpha's sold this year are going to raise the used price next fall when next year's springcheck 2021's will cost less than they are going to want for their used 2019 because they paid $16k plus tax for it??
Anyway, I couldn't pull off a spring snowcheck this year, so now I would like one. If I can't get one, then I can switch brands. No way would I eat another $2-4K on top of normal depreciation just to be on a Cat.

I should also add, I assume you have seen the used 2019 Alpha market? Dealer demo sell prices ranged from $11k - 13k. Whatcha think they are going to sell for next fall after you drop $17k this year?

Agree, all my fault and all my issue. I will make out just fine.

Last edited:

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think 2000$ is fair for a dealer taking a risk of ordering some for their floor. If you wanted one you should have ordered one Cat made it perfectly clear in their spring order program. I ordered a 2020 cat and I’m for one glad a guy that didn’t order can’t buy one for the same price I paid. For once there was an incentive to snow check.

Agreed. Better shocks and BNG isn’t enough incentive in my mind. Cat did it right and the way it used to be.

Top Bottom