Nokian Outpost nAT tire review

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set and like them. The only problem is small rocks get caught in the rubber. Way more than other tires that I have owned. last month Kal tire told me that they are having issues getting the tires as the factory was in Russia but they were getting a factory in the states to build them. I am not running them in the winter even though they have a snowflake. I have had them on for 2 years now (excluding winter months)

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set on the wife's Colorado this spring. The AT's not the nAT. They replaced a set of Goodyear Duratracs.

They're more of an AT tire, the Duratracs would be closer to an MT or RT design. I like the outposts better, they are quieter and smoother. They do pick up rocks on the gravel though. I'd buy them again.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have them and i think they are garbage, traction is garbage in wet or snow, even on dry pavement if i get on the throttle a little hard i can spin them. Winter time i used to rarely use my 4x4 and now if i come to a stop i have to pop in the 4x4 to get rolling. With the limited supply if you need a warranty repair/replacement be prepared to wait just waited 2 months for 2 replacement tires as their was nothing available and they had to round them up from other dealers.
I will never go with these tires again..

@justa_jeep_girl:

Reaction score
Has Anyone ran the Nokian Outpost nAT tires? Wondering if they are comparable to the Duratrac’s and Ko2’s
I just switched my Nitto Trail Grappler’s in for the Nokian Outpost nAT’s and I’m very impressed. I’m an avid off-roader and wasn’t impressed with the MT’s in the winter. I do plenty of snow wheeling with my Jeep and the AT’s just made more sense and glad they now make 35’s.

M1KL83

Reaction score
i have them and i think they are garbage, traction is garbage in wet or snow, even on dry pavement if i get on the throttle a little hard i can spin them. Winter time i used to rarely use my 4x4 and now if i come to a stop i have to pop in the 4x4 to get rolling. With the limited supply if you need a warranty repair/replacement be prepared to wait just waited 2 months for 2 replacement tires as their was nothing available and they had to round them up from other dealers.
I will never go with these tires again..
Do you have the ATs made in Russia or the second generation nATs made in USA?

M1KL83

Reaction score
I just switched my Nitto Trail Grappler’s in for the Nokian Outpost nAT’s and I’m very impressed. I’m an avid off-roader and wasn’t impressed with the MT’s in the winter. I do plenty of snow wheeling with my Jeep and the AT’s just made more sense and glad they now make 35’s.
That's great to hear! How do they perform on ice?

@justa_jeep_girl:

Reaction score
That's great to hear! How do they perform on ice?
They performed great on ice. I was out with a bunch that had trouble getting up this one obstacle. They took several attempts because of the ice and snow. Then when it was my turn everyone watched in amazement when my Jeep just walked right up it.

M1KL83

Reaction score
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing. I've run summer tires and Nokian Hakkapeliitta winters for years on my cars and suv but with a truck on the horizon, I'm thinking Outpost nATs could be a year round tire for me in Ontario Canada.
Really appreciate your feedback @justa_jeep_girl

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the ATs made in Russia or the second generation nATs made in USA?
i have the second gen and they are still made in russa at least last year when i needed 2 replacement's under warranty that is what i was told it took them well over a month to find me some replacements. Even now after having 2 winters on them i still say they are garbage traxion in the winter is poor to the point i was going to put weight in my truck this year to try and improve traxion. I have never put weight in my trucks in the 30 plus years i have been driving. The tires i purchased from canadian tire years ago were far superior and had great winter traxion and wear to bad they no longer make them.

M1KL83

Reaction score
i have the second gen and they are still made in russa at least last year when i needed 2 replacement's under warranty that is what i was told it took them well over a month to find me some replacements. Even now after having 2 winters on them i still say they are garbage traxion in the winter is poor to the point i was going to put weight in my truck this year to try and improve traxion. I have never put weight in my trucks in the 30 plus years i have been driving. The tires i purchased from canadian tire years ago were far superior and had great winter traxion and wear to bad they no longer make them.
That's unfortunate to hear how they've let you down, I feel for you man. Adding weight to make them somewhat usable is not where ya want to be.
Am I correct that the side of your tires say "nAT" made in Russia, not just "AT"?
nAT is meant to stand for NorthAmerican All Terrain and production started late 2023 in USA factory.
Here are images of the two versions only noticeable difference is the "n"
Thanks for your continued help getting this figured out.
If you are able to snap a picture and post it that would be huge but no worries if not.
Have a nice day.
Screenshot_20240325-101520_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240325-101717_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom