2017 yamaha

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to see you can post multiple videos in one thread....the doo guys couldn't figure this out
I sense some anger and resentment Clode. Are you sad that Yamaha didn't build you a sled that you wanted?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sumb!tch I was hoping for more...

This new motor is built in japan... not USA.

Its unfortunate they didn't do more for chassis & track .... however it is what it is.

I suspect it will be 190 hp-200 hp.

Last edited:

fisherman420

Reaction score
About expected from yamaha, a factory turbo with a newly designed, exciting, reliable lineup based off the srv chassis. The Jap built motor isnt bad at all in my eyes......made in USA doesn't mean jack. For nor now I will keep riding my 7000km low boost nytro and keep my pockets full :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

togo ripper

Reaction score
Iv always had a soft spot for yamaha I absolutely loved my mountain max and sx viper totally bullet proof but again find myself disappointed this year, pretty much all they did was put some new plastics on the old chassis and did what everybody does anyway and throw a turbo on it for the same cost as aftermarket. Oh well maybe a two stroke next year

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iv always had a soft spot for yamaha I absolutely loved my mountain max and sx viper totally bullet proof but again find myself disappointed this year, pretty much all they did was put some new plastics on the old chassis and did what everybody does anyway and throw a turbo on it for the same cost as aftermarket. Oh well maybe a two stroke next year

the bonus to a factory turbo is the engine management system, knock detection etc. and it should be easy to upgrade like the 1100 cat for nice gains, nothing like a tune change for some easy HP

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Figure on around 800lbs dry give or take.
Neither of my turbos weigh in at 800lb and weather it be the 180 viper or the 290 apex nothing is as much fun in the deep pow but just my opinion. I will give up the bit of extra weight to get the reliability and torque of the 4 stroke. This new one won't weigh in at much less than the viper.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neither of my turbos weigh in at 800lb and weather it be the 180 viper or the 290 apex nothing is as much fun in the deep pow but just my opinion. I will give up the bit of extra weight to get the reliability and torque of the 4 stroke. This new one won't weigh in at much less than the viper.

I was just joking. I know the power is pretty amazing on the 4 strokes

Cyrus747

Reaction score
the VK540 is at least a 2 stroke...guess that will be their flagship machine at this point.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Reliability?? Isn't there some dismay at the Viper motors not performing as hoped??

Ya know, if they could get a sled around 475 lbs, with this engine in it- I bet they would easily double there number of sales.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reliability?? Isn't there some dismay at the Viper motors not performing as hoped??

Fact... Yes the 2016 has a weak rod!
Fact... Yamaha has been the most reliable 4 stroke motor in the snowmobile market
Fact... Yamaha has the most reliable motor for boost

This new motor is built & designed to match the electronics and turbo making it the most advanced 4 toke on the mountain.

Will it hold its own against the new Doo ... Don't know.., or will the Doo hold its own against the side winder... Lol

Personally I was hoping for 174 x 3" .... With 220-240 hp... But I suppose maybe next year!!

With the Mits ECU.... Its pretty high tech! I'm interested to learn more of the Turbo itself.

Wow what this ECU is capable of in the right hands!!!

Cheers

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool it measures track speed in addition to the other sensors. Much like how a vehicle ecm monitors wheel speed.

Top Bottom