2017 yamaha

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haters will always hate no matter how good things are,just look at the new doo thread,i think doo did a great job on there new sled,enough to interest me(never owned one) so thats saying something lol.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cris reids lastest post on new sleds,not many hints in it but.

[h=3]February 22, 2016[/h] [h=1]Gotta Be Quick[/h] We spent most of last week preparing for our upcoming new product launch. Our strategy is simple – select a few dealers we know and trust that are well respected for their experience and credibility. Assemble them together with a film production crew and some prototypes to experience the new machines, talk about what they discovered and capture it all to share on the big day. It was a lot of fun watching the reactions to the new sleds from the initial walk around to the interviews at the end of the test track. Needless to say, some were more surprised than others but all were smiling without exception.
We had dealers from Norway, Finland, Sweden, Canada and the US. I really enjoyed the time spent after the work was done, chatting about the various markets and snowmobile lifestyles. There were lots of interesting nuggets exchanged over some locally brewed IPA. It was a short event with everyone in and out within 48 hours. I stayed back to meet up with an old friend to do some additional filming and tech briefing which will hopefully be part of the MY17 preview on SnowTrax TV. Mark had a pretty good grasp on what our new sleds were all about but I think I was able to surprise him on a couple of points.
Our next step is to bring in all our field staff from across Canada which is happening as I write this. The initial plan is to make some time for everyone to pull the trigger on the prototypes between meetings and training sessions. That said, I need to get up to the test site as soon as I post this to see whats left after a freak rainstorm took out most of our trails on Saturday. My fear is what little is left maybe reduced to a skating rink. This is the most depressing, un-cooperative winter I can remember in southern Ontario…
While all this is going on, our big rigs are rolling into West Yellowstone for the annual media Snow Shoot where all four manufactures get with the sled journalists to get briefed on all the new offerings. I am not sure at this time if I am required to head down there. We have had to shuffle the deck a bit with respect to staffing and I am still waiting to find out if I am heading north or west. And on that note, I gotta get my butt in gear, shut down and hit the road.

cheers cr

snowhunter

Reaction score
How have they done such a good job of no leaks this close to release I ride doo love my t3 but I've always had a place in my heart for Yamaha have owned a few over the years and even if I don't buy one would just like to see 4 real players in the mountains again ....all competition does is make things better for us the consumers so come on yammy don't disappoint this year surprise and blow me away (hoping/praying) lol

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about time, a factory turbo with a built engine from the factory :d

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_01_580.jpg

74525-6615e0ec5ebc435262651cf6e00bf3ee.jpg

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blank.gif

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_02_300.jpg

red_slash3.gif
High Tech Turbo

The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightening quick response to exhaust gas input.

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_03_300.jpg

red_slash3.gif
Connecting Rod

Special, light weight, hardened carburized steel connecting rod design has the optimum strength required to produce maximum power. This new turbo-specific rod design uses nutted studs to join the close-tolerance, machined-faced big end. The rods are also treated with a special Defric coating for cold start protection, to ensure long life and maximum reliability.

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_04_300.jpg

red_slash3.gif
Mitsubishi
® ECU

The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi® ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data and computes using its predetermined memory ‘map’. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance - reliably.

blank.gif

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_05_300.jpg

red_slash3.gif
Forged Pistons

The forged aluminum pistons are formed without melting the original aluminum stock, so they retain the strength of the original solidification structure, which enables the design of a lighter piston. The forging process also allows Yamaha to control material thickness to reduce weight by eliminating unnecessary material while still maintaining high strength. A form optimized scraper ring provides maximum protection against oil consumption and blow-by.

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_06_300.jpg

red_slash3.gif
Piston Cooler

The Genesis Turbo engine features a unique piston cooling system. Oil is sprayed directly at the underside of the pistons through special jets to help cool and lubricate them. Cooling the pistons helps ensure maximum reliability from this premium, ultimate performance Yamaha engine.

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_07_300.jpg

red_slash3.gif
Triple Throttle Bodies

Yamaha engineers wanted to develop a turbo so smooth and so quick to respond that it doesn’t feel like a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop the intake system using three separate throttle bodies instead of just one— something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blank.gif

2017_SM_BROCHURE_engine_08_300b.jpg

red_slash3.gif
Exhaust Manifold

Yamaha engineers designed a unique cast steel 3 into 1 manifold to precisely match the chassis and turbo mounting layout to help create the shortest path possible to the turbine. This compact component is connected to the turbine by a short, vibration-isolating tube. This results in exhaust energy being transferred very efficiently to the turbine for instant response to the slightest throttle input.

Cyrus747

Reaction score
so if those photos are correct another 4 stroke heavy pig? If they get all this in a machine that is close to the weight of the competition 2 strokes I will be impressed....if not then just another trail or lake machine I guess...

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hater's are usually the ones that have either NEVER ridin or have spent 20min. riding something that they already HATE.
Hater's also attain 99% of there knowledge from "hear say" or forum's. AND...
Hater's probably can hardly handle what they already have. So what would you expect from a hater.

Isn't that the truth...!!!

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this accurate Climbmax ?

Yup this is accurate... Larger secondary for "Lake"... I hope thought was put in for west.. 174, 80lbs diet... The mits ECU is cool .. Adjust timing... Hmmm what one may do with that in the proper hands..

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup this is accurate... Larger secondary for "Lake"... I hope thought was put in for west.. 174, 80lbs diet... The mits ECU is cool .. Adjust timing... Hmmm what one may do with that in the proper hands..

closest thing to a real mountain sled in a long time

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest I always made fun of Jason (06yamahaapex) about his heavy 4 stroke pig. I drove it not for long at all and instantly loved the power of his viper. This led to two others in our group installing turbos on their 2 strokes (which work/ed great), one who sold his and then bought a viper, i jumped on the Cat and the other 2stroke turbo is up for sale. Power and reliability makes a big difference. Sure there are times when one can really tell the sleds are heavier ( down hill on hard pack for sure) but most of the time it's really not bad. When the boost is kicked in and throttle to the bar, she's lighter then any 2 stroke I rode. Lol

Top Bottom