2014 Oil Tank and new 2014 QWERKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats good but not what i was told. To quote "We wanted a kit where we didnt have to mess with the secondary to reduce install time". Thus just the ramps. Doesnt matter. Always ask whats in the kit and pay what you think is fair.

aksledneck1

Reaction score
Why are you concerned about buying a 2014? Doo you feel BRP will make the same mistake twice and go through the whole safety recall process again. Trust me there is no money in recalls for manufacturers. Maxwell has close tie's to a dealer as well as one of the tech's at that store work's freelance for BRP and has close ties to R&D. One of those two sources most likely offered that info to him to inform folks on this site like you that have concerns. Cheers!:beer::beer:

i guess concerned is the wrong word. I'm sure they fixed it. I just wanted to know how they fixed it or how they were planning to fix it. I guess one of those people who like to now all the details when I make a big purchase. I did not know his background so you know how rumors start on the Internet, just want to make sure it's legit.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess concerned is the wrong word. I'm sure they fixed it. I just wanted to know how they fixed it or how they were planning to fix it. I guess one of those people who like to now all the details when I make a big purchase. I did not know his background so you know how rumors start on the Internet, just want to make sure it's legit.

Hey guys I was just informed by a factory rep that follows this site that the tank will be redesigned for the 2014's. It will hold about 300-400 ml less oil than this year's version did and have lots of clearance on the fuel nipple in question. Unlike another manufacturer BRP chose not to "clamp" the tank in place for next years sleds.:p

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just informed by a factory rep that follows this site that the tank will be redesigned for the 2014's. It will hold about 300-400 ml less oil than this year's version did and have lots of clearance on the fuel nipple in question. Unlike another manufacturer BRP chose not to "clamp" the tank in place for next years sleds.:p

I couldn't imagine buying a new sled with a temporary fix.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

3-400 less... not that it is a big deal but that means the new tanks will hold approx. 3.5l of oil instead of 4.0l of oil?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3-400 less... not that it is a big deal but that means the new tanks will hold approx. 3.5l of oil instead of 4.0l of oil?
Yes 3.6-3.7 liter. Not a big deal considering you would be hard pressed to use a liter in a big day of WOT riding.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes 3.6-3.7 liter. Not a big deal considering you would be hard pressed to use a liter in a big day of WOT riding.

Don,t mean to be a pain , but can someone tell us if it will retrofit onto the 2013. Might make for some happy previous customers. Thanks

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

??? Polaris ???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don,t mean to be a pain , but can someone tell us if it will retrofit onto the 2013. Might make for some happy previous customers. Thanks

I can't say for sure Bernoff but if I was a betting man I would put my money on it being a retrofit. I would assume the new tank will have a divot or recession on the fuel nipple side that will give it more clearance there. We will know next fall when the one day service book comes out to the dealer network. I would be shocked if they made it a recall part for the 2013's as the fix they came up with now is working fine but then again I do not make those decisions.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure Bernoff but if I was a betting man I would put my money on it being a retrofit. I would assume the new tank will have a divot or recession on the fuel nipple side that will give it more clearance there. We will know next fall when the one day service book comes out to the dealer network. I would be shocked if they made it a recall part for the 2013's as the fix they came up with now is working fine but then again I do not make those decisions.

Ya working fine until jackshafts start wearing through oil tanks. I bet I don't have 1/4" of clearance between my tank and shaft. And barely an acceptable amount of clearance between the tank and nipple. Not to mention the panel that doesn't fit quite right, tank being lifted.
Doo should man up and just make it right.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya working fine until jackshafts start wearing through oil tanks. I bet I don't have 1/4" of clearance between my tank and shaft. And barely an acceptable amount of clearance between the tank and nipple. Not to mention the panel that doesn't fit quite right, tank being lifted.

Well get on your 1-800 number and call them. They don't seem to be responding to you on snow and mud?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well get on your 1-800 number and call them. They don't seem to be responding to you on snow and mud?

No need for your smartass remarks.
I already told them my thoughts via email months ago when I wasn't impressed with my panel not closing properly. No response. My comments were just my thoughts on the situation.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If your jackshaft is throwing more than 1/4" while rotating I imagine you've got bigger problems than it rubbing on an oil tank.... Just sayin'

You seem to complain a lot about the fit and finish of the doo's which is only second to Yamaha in my opinion.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your jackshaft is throwing more than 1/4" while rotating I imagine you've got bigger problems than it rubbing on an oil tank.... Just sayin'

You seem to complain a lot about the fit and finish of the doo's which is only second to Yamaha in my opinion.

Are you FN kidding me? I make a couple comments about the panel not fitting right, same as several others have mentioned after the "fix" was done and now you guys want to jump all over me about it? The poo guys are right-some of you need to lay off the doolaid a little.

IMO I actually think Doo has better fit and finish then Yamaha. Which is why when they do half assed fixes like they did instead of just replacing the oil tank it makes it look worse.

And I know my shaft won't move a 1/4" but the tank can which is my concern. Time will tell.

Top Bottom