2014 Oil Tank and new 2014 QWERKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are taling about a slight bog with kit, hmmmmmm I heared RB is working on a slight tweak for there kits, hope it comes soon,

Slight bog??? I've have not experienced a bog with the stock clutching or RB clutching. I've felt the slight etec hesitation maybe a half a dozen times this season. Paul's kit is spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darren400

Reaction score
The etec is clutched fine for my riding style. The clutch kit martins has been working on works good in a sense that most people will like the way it makes te sled react to throttle input. The factory settings work great but there is a ever so slight delay off the Jump. Obviously there clutch kit isn't going to make you go a football field higher like some on here claim LOL.
Maxwell do you work for brp?

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Martin's. Their kit is just a steeper ramp. And its overpriced. Ramps shouldnt cost more than $125. I think they are charging like $250

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the X shocks are going on the SPs so should be a bunch of SP shocks for sale. But that's just the rumor I heard

I ordered an SP from Martin and it's coming with the X shocks. No idea where the SP shocks are going to tho.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BIG-BALLZ;1703696]1100 is what you pay thru snowcheck.... 1500 is what martins pays after snowcheck AND was also told that that isnt the fixed price that they will be at to the consumer....

Big coin!!!!!!!!

Question 2... The upgraded shocks.... Do they get covered under warranty or are you hooped if something happens??? Technically they are "Aftermarket" right???

they will be covered under warranty. but you have to service them. just like the factory shocks which need to be serviced every 700+-miles. if you blow up a factory shock on your 4th year of warranty with 5000miles brp will not cover it. same goes for the raptors. martins will not cover a raptor with 5000miles with no servicing done. the nice thing about the raptors is the service intervals are at higher mileges. so to simplify this. follow the manufactueres(raptor) recomended service intervals and you will have no issues with warranty on the raptor shocks through martin for the duration of your factory warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know IF BRP assessed the "Oil Tank Issue" for the 2014 sleds, or should we expect the little Aluminum Bracket to be there right from factory???

Asked the dealers when I picked my sled up from First Service and didn't get much of an answer....

What about other qwerks that 2014 has in store???

Martins offered raptor shocks as an option as well as "Martins exclusive clutching" whatever that means...

I also heard that 2014's will now be sporting a "Break in Percentage" gauge that tells you how far along you are in the break in Procedure..

Other than that I got nothing else.....

Do they still come with the same gauge package (Temp Gauge, Altimeter, etc etc...)???

What y'all hear out there???4

i now know the answer to this question. in 2013 model year BRP switched suppliers for the fuel pump. the new supplier had the return and supply fittings in opposing locations compared to the 2012/2011 etec machines. for 2014 they are simply reversing the fitting locations to how they were in previous years as the one fitting is significantly larger than the other creating the clearance issue seen on some snowmobiles. no more brackets, no new oil tank.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i now know the answer to this question. in 2013 model year BRP switched suppliers for the fuel pump. the new supplier had the return and supply fittings in opposing locations compared to the 2012/2011 etec machines. for 2014 they are simply reversing the fitting locations to how they were in previous years as the one fitting is significantly larger than the other creating the clearance issue seen on some snowmobiles. no more brackets, no new oil tank.

Can the 2013 sleds be updated

aksledneck1

Reaction score

Maxwell, I'm just curious to where you found out that information. It was one of my concerns ordering a 14 and figured it would be fixed just wondered the details.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell, I'm just curious to where you found out that information. It was one of my concerns ordering a 14 and figured it would be fixed just wondered the details.

Why are you concerned about buying a 2014? Doo you feel BRP will make the same mistake twice and go through the whole safety recall process again. Trust me there is no money in recalls for manufacturers. Maxwell has close tie's to a dealer as well as one of the tech's at that store work's freelance for BRP and has close ties to R&D. One of those two sources most likely offered that info to him to inform folks on this site like you that have concerns. Cheers!:beer::beer:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snopro, you have that backwards. Maxwell makes declarations, Ski-Doo does as requested.

Top Bottom