2014 Oil Tank and new 2014 QWERKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know IF BRP assessed the "Oil Tank Issue" for the 2014 sleds, or should we expect the little Aluminum Bracket to be there right from factory???

Asked the dealers when I picked my sled up from First Service and didn't get much of an answer....

What about other qwerks that 2014 has in store???

Martins offered raptor shocks as an option as well as "Martins exclusive clutching" whatever that means...

I also heard that 2014's will now be sporting a "Break in Percentage" gauge that tells you how far along you are in the break in Procedure..

Other than that I got nothing else.....

Do they still come with the same gauge package (Temp Gauge, Altimeter, etc etc...)???

What y'all hear out there???4

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the same with that breakin meter added. Raptors are a wicked touch I got a chance to demo them. Won't be disappointed with martins clutch kit either we were testing that out in sicamous it works good. I'm going to add the rear raptors too. As for the oil tank issue I've talked to a few different people that work for brp and they also didn't know. I have no doubt it will be addressed with a redesigned fitting or pump of some sort. Another thing I would like to see done is the rear scissor for the t motion beefed up. There have been a few broken. Apparently the handwarmers for 2014 have a super hot setting....other than that I had no issues with my XM so I don't anticipate any quirks for 2014 as long as they address the fuel line issue.

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
All the same with that breakin meter added. Raptors are a wicked touch I got a chance to demo them. Won't be disappointed with martins clutch kit either we were testing that out in sicamous it works good. I'm going to add the rear raptors too. As for the oil tank issue I've talked to a few different people that work for brp and they also didn't know. I have no doubt it will be addressed with a redesigned fitting or pump of some sort. Another thing I would like to see done is the rear scissor for the t motion beefed up. There have been a few broken. Apparently the handwarmers for 2014 have a super hot setting....other than that I had no issues with my XM so I don't anticipate any quirks for 2014 as long as they address the fuel line issue.

Good to know!!!!!!!!!!! the raptors seem like they would be a very nice add on but at 1100 just for the rear I dunno.... BUT it seems silly to go 50% of the way too....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Whats your plans for your '13 Maxwell??? Consigning thru Martins???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know!!!!!!!!!!! the raptors seem like they would be a very nice add on but at 1100 just for the rear I dunno.... BUT it seems silly to go 50% of the way too....

Ya. The fronts do work wonders by themselves but the whole package will be nice. 1100 is basically retail but they come installed. Which is one less thing I have to do LOL

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
Ya. The fronts do work wonders by themselves but the whole package will be nice. 1100 is basically retail but they come installed. Which is one less thing I have to do LOL

1100 is what you pay thru snowcheck.... 1500 is what martins pays after snowcheck AND was also told that that isnt the fixed price that they will be at to the consumer....

Big coin!!!!!!!!

Question 2... The upgraded shocks.... Do they get covered under warranty or are you hooped if something happens??? Technically they are "Aftermarket" right???

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked a summit x through martins and was told the Raptors are a no charge incentive for snowchecking. Also I was told the rear Raptors will be offered at a discount when they are available to have a full Raptor setup on our sleds. I was not told about a clutch kit though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked a summit x through martins and was told the Raptors are a no charge incentive for snowchecking. Also I was told the rear Raptors will be offered at a discount when they are available to have a full Raptor setup on our sleds. I was not told about a clutch kit though.

The 1100 is to have the rears done. That's what he's talking about

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Clutch kit???? I thought the xm was clutched fine.(Your thoughts) Now after all winter Martins has came up with one that is a great improvement and up to your approval?
What Martins had all winter to look and see what works and now come up with there own?? Hmmm!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch kit???? I thought the xm was clutched fine.(Your thoughts) Now after all winter Martins has came up with one that is a great improvement and up to your approval?
What Martins had all winter to look and see what works and now come up with there own?? Hmmm!!

The etec is clutched fine for my riding style. The clutch kit martins has been working on works good in a sense that most people will like the way it makes te sled react to throttle input. The factory settings work great but there is a ever so slight delay off the Jump. Obviously there clutch kit isn't going to make you go a football field higher like some on here claim LOL.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clutching is great on the XM from the factory

I recently put the rooster build clutch kit in mine and I'm assuming the martin's / Joey's / any other kit would be quite similar in performance

It definitely hits harder and will take a little bit of time to get used to for those precision surgical tree riding maneuvers .. but to get you up and over a climb you definitely get more track speed and get it faster!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clutching is great on the XM from the factory

I recently put the rooster build clutch kit in mine and I'm assuming the martin's / Joey's / any other kit would be quite similar in performance

It definitely hits harder and will take a little bit of time to get used to for those precision surgical tree riding maneuvers .. but to get you up and over a climb you definitely get more track speed and get it faster!

Are taling about a slight bog with kit, hmmmmmm I heared RB is working on a slight tweak for there kits, hope it comes soon,

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are Martins also keeping everyones take off HPG shocks for resale,or do the customers keep them?
I see, I was told we will get a drastic discount on the 1100$ sticker price. Either way im pumped

Clay911

Reaction score
I heard the X shocks are going on the SPs so should be a bunch of SP shocks for sale. But that's just the rumor I heard

Top Bottom