Nice Changes to 2014 XM

Bguy05

Reaction score
Mine has the same problem right is fine and left pops... nothing is perfect..... but darn close
I had the same problem. Looking at it closer the dealer had installed the white grommet things upside down. I flipped them but the left still popped open so I just adjusted the centre plastic in front of the seat and now they both close perfect!

stormcp

Reaction score
I see they changed the can and added some sort of retainer for the sensor but nothing different for the pipe sensor. In other words I dont think they could update the 2013s without buying a new can.

Also apparently theres a BUDS update for 2013's that I just got done today. First I have heard of it. Something to do with high altitudes..

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly. there is either a new stator, or something is changed in the electrical system along the way in the harness/computer. wouldnt be an easy task to switch a 2013 i cant imagine.

OOOOOR someone will tell that it is something really simple and us with poor circulation can begin our rides in comfort. Those first 10KM can be brutal. People say to buy better gloves and yes that is true, but if your hands are already cold your still waiting for the heat from the grips. Those with good circulation enjoy because "older age" is a coming. Maybe every morning I will have to drink something that will really thin my blood out. Lol.Hopefully sometime this year BRP will say "you know what lets help these guys out". What ever can be done it will have to be performed by a dealer to protect warranty. Oh and by the way PRETTY PLEASE...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else who has picked up there new 2014 XM notice the nice changes incorporated in this years model? The oil tank clearance issue fix is gone and everything looks great right from the factory. Nice to see they didn't go the Poo Poo route and carry on with a bandaid for the next model year. They have added a small keeper to stop the exhaust can sensor from loosening off. But nothing on the pipe sensor??? The rear scissor arm on the T Motion is beefed up with no holes in it so that should add reliability for those few guys that had problems last year. The gauge pak has a function on it to tell you how far along you are into your break in now. Also the handwarmers work under 2000 rpm as opposed to previous years where you had to rev the sled up to get heat to the bars. One thing my dealer noticed at pre delivery was the LH door panel doesn't snap into the keeper on the fuel tank and stay. It pops back out on its own. I would expect BRP will go back to last years design of keeper that worked just fine? Sled looks good though!

The 2014 T motion arm looks the same as the one that's on my 2013, that's the first thing I looked at. We're there different arms in 2013?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OOOOOR someone will tell that it is something really simple and us with poor circulation can begin our rides in comfort. Those first 10KM can be brutal. People say to buy better gloves and yes that is true, but if your hands are already cold your still waiting for the heat from the grips. Those with good circulation enjoy because "older age" is a coming. Maybe every morning I will have to drink something that will really thin my blood out. Lol.Hopefully sometime this year BRP will say "you know what lets help these guys out". What ever can be done it will have to be performed by a dealer to protect warranty. Oh and by the way PRETTY PLEASE...

Brp is pretty good about makin retrofitting kits for older models. So your wish may come true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Clay911

Reaction score
The 2014 T motion arm looks the same as the one that's on my 2013, that's the first thing I looked at. We're there different arms in 2013?

You order a new sled Caper? Riderz has been pushin sleds out of there like crazy.

Darren400

Reaction score
does anyone know where it shows you how much you have left in on your break in mode?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You order a new sled Caper? Riderz has been pushin sleds out of there like crazy.

No im going to run my 13, i didn't get out as much last year as I usually do being a new parent and all.
I only have 500 miles on my 13. I love that sled, I just got it setup to where I happy with it, may upgrade some things for this year. The changes for 14 were not enough for me to snowcheck.

Yah riderz has been blowing them out the door like crazy! Guys outside of snow check are are being put on a wait list.

Clay911

Reaction score
Ya they have a pretty good size waiting list, Jay said over 200 sleds are coming in. Got a couple 154s im waiting to come in.

What are you thinking of doing for upgrades?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they changed the can and added some sort of retainer for the sensor but nothing different for the pipe sensor. In other words I dont think they could update the 2013s without buying a new can.

Also apparently theres a BUDS update for 2013's that I just got done today. First I have heard of it. Something to do with high altitudes..
Does the dealer usually phone you to come in for updates?

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think BRP likes Ryderz as well, one of Jay's customers has this , this year........................ I have 000003 from last year out of Ryderz..

ser 00001.jpg

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That number means nothing. There are thousands of 00001 sleds as they start again with different letter combinations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That number means you got number 1 of that particular model. Say a red/black 163x with electric start for example.Thousands may be a strong word there Max. Lol.

snopro59

Reaction score
does anyone know where it shows you how much you have left in on your break in mode?

X2! I haven't read the book, but how do you get the gauge to show this feature. Mine looks the same as my 2013 when I start it up. Must be a button push somehow to show the % of break in remaining??

jlieske1

Reaction score
X3! I took a quick read of the manual and didn't see anything. I was going to call my dealer today but didn't have a chance. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they have a pretty good size waiting list, Jay said over 200 sleds are coming in. Got a couple 154s im waiting to come in.

What are you thinking of doing for upgrades?

I was thinking of trying a belt drive this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up the new sled today yep the left hand panel pops open.Salesman told me that brp says when it gets cold outside it will not pop open. Anyone notice that the injection oil seems quite red?

Top Bottom