Nice Changes to 2014 XM

Darren400

Reaction score
Picked up the new sled today yep the left hand panel pops open.Salesman told me that brp says when it gets cold outside it will not pop open. Anyone notice that the injection oil seems quite red?
Mine does this also

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't believe no one said its a nice change that the got here before the snow flies.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

Luvinit

Reaction score
Back in original post you said the oil tank clearance in better, I,m getting a 13 xm soon and it has never had the update tank drilling crap done. Does it look like different fitting on the tank or how do you think they achieved extra clearance, was hoping to fix mine the right way, thanks.

duggyb

Reaction score
Back in original post you said the oil tank clearance in better, I,m getting a 13 xm soon and it has never had the update tank drilling crap done. Does it look like different fitting on the tank or how do you think they achieved extra clearance, was hoping to fix mine the right way, thanks.

just order a 14 tank.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for other riders. I got my new sled today and checked for rust because of this thread. I discovered surface rust on my clutch and drive shaft. I believe this to be a non issue as I checked 2 other sleds in the show room and they both had the same thing. Also I did have the left hand side panel popping out as well but I heard that it won't pop out in the cold.

On another note...should I try to get rid of the surface rust and if so how?!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There can't be any rust on the clutch they are aluminum. As far as the removing the rust it will be gone after the first ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you call this then? It's not on the aluminum portion but it's still surface rust

There can't be any rust on the clutch they are aluminum. As far as the removing the rust it will be gone after the first ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 322

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how does cold weather make it "go away" on the side latches??

kinda sounds like they are hoping that is true.... and to deal with it later when everyone complains...

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how does cold weather make it "go away" on the side latches??

kinda sounds like they are hoping that is true.... and to deal with it later when everyone complains...

Lol.... Wonder how they have cold weather tester this already and know it will be ok ?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about riding in the spring,, when its warm?? Sounds like some Bull Chit too me,,, same with the rust.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen rust on the clutch like that ever. Seems to me the sleds didn't get there oil down on the assembly line. Hmmmm..

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen rust on the clutch like that ever. Seems to me the sleds didn't get there oil down on the assembly line. Hmmmm..
my 14 came in with zero oil in the primary,had it apart to do a bit of clutching and inspection and it was bone dry...my last sled (09)was soaking in oil..lol

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should I take off my clutches and oil them? What kind of oil would you use?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should I take off my clutches and oil them? What kind of oil would you use?

Just 10w30 motor oil. Make sure you get them good and covered. Tip the sled on its side and make sure you get lots inside the primary too.

:d

Just kidding. The oil just comes on them so they dont rust while shipping. Supposed to be cleaned off during PDI

Top Bottom