Nice Changes to 2014 XM

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else who has picked up there new 2014 XM notice the nice changes incorporated in this years model? The oil tank clearance issue fix is gone and everything looks great right from the factory. Nice to see they didn't go the Poo Poo route and carry on with a bandaid for the next model year. They have added a small keeper to stop the exhaust can sensor from loosening off. But nothing on the pipe sensor??? The rear scissor arm on the T Motion is beefed up with no holes in it so that should add reliability for those few guys that had problems last year. The gauge pak has a function on it to tell you how far along you are into your break in now. Also the handwarmers work under 2000 rpm as opposed to previous years where you had to rev the sled up to get heat to the bars. One thing my dealer noticed at pre delivery was the LH door panel doesn't snap into the keeper on the fuel tank and stay. It pops back out on its own. I would expect BRP will go back to last years design of keeper that worked just fine? Sled looks good though!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else who has picked up there new 2014 XM notice the nice changes incorporated in this years model? The oil tank clearance issue fix is gone and everything looks great right from the factory. Nice to see they didn't go the Poo Poo route and carry on with a bandaid for the next model year. They have added a small keeper to stop the exhaust can sensor from loosening off. But nothing on the pipe sensor??? The rear scissor arm on the T Motion is beefed up with no holes in it so that should add reliability for those few guys that had problems last year. The gauge pak has a function on it to tell you how far along you are into your break in now. Also the handwarmers work under 2000 rpm as opposed to previous years where you had to rev the sled up to get heat to the bars. One thing my dealer noticed at pre delivery was the LH door panel doesn't snap into the keeper on the fuel tank and stay. It pops back out on its own. I would expect BRP will go back to last years design of keeper that worked just fine? Sled looks good though!

JEEZE...you know Skidoo owners have it pretty rough...when our ever so minor issues were sorted out next model year. what do we have to complain about now lol?

dont have mine yet. but im sure it looks just like the ones at your shop haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

That's nice to hear. Any more heat in the glove box?

You better touch up your signature line just a little...........:D

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's nice to hear. Any more heat in the glove box?

You better touch up your signature line just a little...........:D
Just had a quick look befoer I put the cover on it. I think that is an upgrade as well.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up mine today. Both side panels pop Open as soon as i sit down on it. They changed the design of the little grommet that holds it. I stole ones outa a 13 at the dealer. Now my sides are tight. guessing they changed them to be funny...... Hopefully they have lots of the (old) style ones cause this new style doesn't work

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up mine today. Both side panels pop Open as soon as i sit down on it. They changed the design of the little grommet that holds it. I stole ones outa a 13 at the dealer. Now my sides are tight. guessing they changed them to be funny...... Hopefully they have lots of the (old) style ones cause this new style doesn't work
My right side is good? Left not so good.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very good changes for Doo!!! But I didn't know that the 13 and prior hand warmers didn't work off of idle :confused:? My friend in St. Albert got his Doo today, and it is a nice looking sled. Congrat's to all of the new Doo owners :D

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good changes for Doo!!! But I didn't know that the 13 and prior hand warmers didn't work off of idle :confused:? My friend in St. Albert got his Doo today, and it is a nice looking sled. Congrat's to all of the new Doo owners :D
It's kinda chitty riding with cold hands to warm your hands up. Lol

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The break in feature on the gauge PAC, anyone know if it is for both sp and x models? I am thinking yes as it is the same gauge cluster this year.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's kinda chitty riding with cold hands to warm your hands up. Lol
My 97 Summit bars were hot on idle, but I can't remember what the 04 Rev's bars were like on idle??? I know both of them got phucking HOT once you squished it!!!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 97 Summit bars were hot on idle, but I can't remember what the 04 Rev's bars were like on idle??? I know both of them got phucking HOT once you squished it!!!
My 95 and 99 were the same. 07 hand warmers were done after a handle bar change so I don't remember either. It would be nice to have warm grips after letting the sled warm up on a cold day though. Haha. Glad to hear it's changed on the new batch.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The 800r sticker on the 2013 SP is red....... its greyish on the 2014. And no... I didnt walk around the whole thing for an hour trying to find a difference so I could tell them apart.... There is also a rotax sticker on the bottom of the door now.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if we could easily get the 13 to warm up at idle? I suffer from cold hands syndrome pretty bad.

Rewire the hand warmers to run off a battery. As I understand the motor can't produce the current required to run the sled and the hand warmers at idle.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maierch, and yet the same motor in a 2014 somehow finds a way.

jlieske

Reaction score
Mine come with a rusty drive shaft. The dealer said it's not an issue but I'm pretty disappointed that my brand new sled with zero km's on it has rust on it. Is my dealer feeding me a line or did BRP miss the boat on the "finish" part of the fit and finish on the drive shaft? They could at least put some sort of lubrication on it at the factory so when customers receive their brand new out of the crate sled it doesn't already have rust on it.

Top Bottom