Nice Changes to 2014 XM

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re torque your primary clutch! Most of the newer sleds I've had in the shop, the clutch fell off as soon as the puller touched the crank. And if they are oily clean them and the belt too.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picking mine up next week. Trying to figure out the extras i need for the Freeride. Looking at venting/skid plate/can/ and adjustable riser. Any thoughts? Also thinking of reinforcing Tunnel and running boards as Im a sled skier and the summits fall apart....

duggyb

Reaction score
Picking mine up next week. Trying to figure out the extras i need for the Freeride. Looking at venting/skid plate/can/ and adjustable riser. Any thoughts? Also thinking of reinforcing Tunnel and running boards as Im a sled skier and the summits fall apart....

Grip N Rip Braces and RPM Composites 3 Piece Skidplate

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just 10w30 motor oil. Make sure you get them good and covered. Tip the sled on its side and make sure you get lots inside the primary too.

:d

Just kidding. The oil just comes on them so they dont rust while shipping. Supposed to be cleaned off during PDI

Hooooooo...i just about reported you to the dumbazzz police! Good one!

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for venting id like to try the blowhole,lots of good results/reports on the polaris pro,but so far nothing on the xm?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
venting is not necessary on these sleds the belt will last over 2000km,Well mine did and i road in some warm spring weather last year!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really??????

Try an heavy duty rear bumper as that will hold everything in place and reinforcement for your Chetah rack......:D
Maybe he ski's alone and kicks her off the edge before he ski's down. This practice is quite common I'm told by sled skiers.....:faint:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he ski's alone and kicks her off the edge before he ski's down. This practice is quite common I'm told by sled skiers.....:faint:

I seen that in Valemount once. It was an old beat up sled but the guy made a high mark stopped put his board on then gave his sled a push. He just followed it down the hill. I watched him make about 4 runs.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I seen that in Valemount once. It was an old beat up sled but the guy made a high mark stopped put his board on then gave his sled a push. He just followed it down the hill. I watched him make about 4 runs.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

That was probably me.... and I wasn't wearing and skis.........

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you call this then? It's not on the aluminum portion but it's still surface rust

AHHH young jedi maxwell did you not know rowdy's new sled was the offically tested at NASA version of summit tested in the pool under water in full space suits to simulate the absolute weightlessness of the fine sled

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how do you see the break in on the gauge pack... haven't looked hard for it yet but heard there was a percent on the gauges

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so how do you see the break in on the gauge pack... haven't looked hard for it yet but heard there was a percent on the gauges

Hey Rich, just ride that beast and enjoy. Not too worry about the trivialities.........put in gas and oil at the end of each trip and you are good to go for another, and another, and another...........and grab a quick drink of the Doolaide inbetween rides....:d

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich, just ride that beast and enjoy. Not too worry about the trivialities.........put in gas and oil at the end of each trip and you are good to go for another, and another, and another...........and grab a quick drink of the Doolaide inbetween rides....:d
That was the plan for this sled "ride her hard and put her away wet" then wait till she moans for another ride... LOL hopefully we can hook up for a couple of rides this year. Thanks Doug

AP48379

Reaction score
i like the new clutch cover, how it holds all the tools and the spare belt plus i added the goggle holder to it.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled the small tools off the guard and put them in the underseat storage. Worried they would fall out and get in clutches. At least one report of this happening. The guy probably never put them back correctly, but still, I could see me being that guy. The goggle warming location is sweet to have. I had an arctic cat bag I put in there. I see some guys just put their goggles in their soft bag and use a small bungee to hold them in.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is where I put my tools, I have a lot more tools in that bag than what came in the sled, can take a chain case apart and have the tools to change the mag side spark plug.
I didnt think it was a good ideal to leave the tools in that cover at ALL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom