2014 Oil Tank and new 2014 QWERKS!!!!!!!!!!!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the recall a couple of shims under the gas tank to increase clearance? Hardly a band aid fix. If your panels are off and you have a jack shaft rubbing the oil tank, maybe there are larger problems with your machine you should look at besides the fuel outlet.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure Bernoff but if I was a betting man I would put my money on it being a retrofit. I would assume the new tank will have a divot or recession on the fuel nipple side that will give it more clearance there. We will know next fall when the one day service book comes out to the dealer network. I would be shocked if they made it a recall part for the 2013's as the fix they came up with now is working fine but then again I do not make those decisions.

Thanks SNOPRO and I agree that us with the OLD sleds :) will have to wait until the fall to find out.Ya I don't see another recall in the future either. As as corporation they pulled that one off without loosing any fingers. Most of the trail riders won't have a problem with the recall but some of us already have had to deal the recall in a different scenario. Long as BRP is going to warranty it I guess It should be good to go!!! Don't get me wrong I LOVE my sled, I just like to ahead of the game sometimes.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can the panel not fit right? Never noticed this on any units. It's a ball socket it's a tight fit.

It fits in the socket (which I have already had to get my dealer to replace after the recall was done) but the panel doesn't fit tight like it did before the recall. There is a gap now. My shaft isn't rubbing yet, but as the machine ages, I see potential for failure.

Maybe some guys don't mind looking at two shims under the tank but it bugs me. It's not how I bought it and not acceptable considering that now there is a proper tank out there. Fix it right-replace the piece that started the issue and make it right. I didn't spend 14+ g for a band aid. I don't ride Polaris.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It fits in the socket (which I have already had to get my dealer to replace after the recall was done) but the panel doesn't fit tight like it did before the recall. There is a gap now. My shaft isn't rubbing yet, but as the machine ages, I see potential for failure.

Maybe some guys don't mind looking at two shims under the tank but it bugs me. It's not how I bought it and not acceptable considering that now there is a proper tank out there. Fix it right-replace the piece that started the issue and make it right. I didn't spend 14+ g for a band aid. I don't ride Polaris.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! About the repair with proper piece not the riding Polaris thing..... Cant do that....... The wife will Divorce me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can the panel not fit right? Never noticed this on any units. It's a ball socket it's a tight fit.

Mine did not fit right either Maxwell... The tank now pushed the panel outwards (tank rubbed the inside of panel, not got a worn spot) and the little socket has now cracked and is soon to fall off due to the mis-alignment..... it does snap together dont getr me wrong..... BUT I have to Push towards the oil tank and use quite a bit of force to SNAP the ball into the socket.....

Give me a - 25 winter day and GARUNTEED the socket and or bal and or panel or BOTH will snap!!!!!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Would like to see a photo of the misalignment. Either way it does suck. And it is a crap fix. BUT you have to think of it this way. They can mass produce shims in days and get everyone back on the snow. They can not mass produce fuel pumps and tanks without serious notice to the supplier. For 13 owners it would be nice if they replaced your pump and tank but we shall see. At least now it can be done at your leisure as its no longer a fire hazard.

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess concerned is the wrong word. I'm sure they fixed it. I just wanted to know how they fixed it or how they were planning to fix it. I guess one of those people who like to now all the details when I make a big purchase. I did not know his background so you know how rumors start on the Internet, just want to make sure it's legit.

its alot of cash to put down on a sled, you should be concerned... but damn they ride good in the deep power.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you FN kidding me? I make a couple comments about the panel not fitting right, same as several others have mentioned after the "fix" was done and now you guys want to jump all over me about it? The poo guys are right-some of you need to lay off the doolaid a little.

IMO I actually think Doo has better fit and finish then Yamaha. Which is why when they do half assed fixes like they did instead of just replacing the oil tank it makes it look worse.

And I know my shaft won't move a 1/4" but the tank can which is my concern. Time will tell.

your not allowed to ask or say anything that might make ski doo look bad even if its a quest for info only......:nono: j/k gotta have thick skin in here

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My side panel was a little harder to open and close after the recall but it does not bother me, I have not noticed a alignment problem on the body panels. As far as my jack shaft to tank clearance, it does not bother me either.
I am concerned about the rear suspension pivot arm and I'm hoping doo beefed it up a bit for 2014, if they did I will be changing it out, I'm hoping guys like maxwell/snopro can give some info on this for me.
At the end of the day, Its the chance I took buying the first year, just like in 2011 when the etec came out, there are going to be problems. I love my 2013 and I'm waiting for 2015 to see if there are any changes that will entice me to order a new one.
IMO and experience it does not matter what model year, or brand it is, everything can give trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Would like to see a photo of the misalignment. Either way it does suck. And it is a crap fix. BUT you have to think of it this way. They can mass produce shims in days and get everyone back on the snow. They can not mass produce fuel pumps and tanks without serious notice to the supplier. For 13 owners it would be nice if they replaced your pump and tank but we shall see. At least now it can be done at your leisure as its no longer a fire hazard.

I'll get a pic when I get a chance.

I agree Doo did a great job of addressing the issue in a timely manner, they had to due to the liability and total loss possibilities of so many machines with the same issue.

Do I think it's a great permanent fix? Not a chance but like you said it gets everyone back in the game and can be addressed with a proper fix later at everyone's leisure. I just hope Doo steps up and does this.

Top Bottom