2013 Pro RMK Release

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find is strange how rare any fair comparisons between the top 3 sled makers are. I mean find a hill and run all 3. Find a dyno and run all 3. Find a scale and run all 3. Seems simple if my job was to review sleds.

It seems nobody wants to do the work.

Fail on the part of sled reviewers.

^^^^Also the etec is rated at 163.9hp, show me the dyno and ill believe it otherwise.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the numbers cs5? Reason i ask is dynotech claims they got 163.9 hp out of the etec 800. When you ask doo they just say that they are pretty close.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the numbers cs5? Reason i ask is dynotech claims they got 163.9 hp out of the etec 800. When you ask doo they just say that they are pretty close.

It seems every time i see posted hp numbers they are always lower for skidoo then rated while every other sled is hitting its rated numbers. I sure hope no one is buying sleds based off this hooey.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

These come from the amsnow shootout in NY where all the sleds are run out of the crate, keep in mind the POl and the Ski doo have the break-in timers so both numbers would go up accordingly but this is out of the box. The difference between the group is not as big as everyone seems to like to think but same this is as close a comparo as you can ask for. Would be cool to see all three run again with 1000miles on them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is only 6hp between the 12 Pro and 12 Etec then that says alot for the Doo with it being 30 lbs. heavier supposedly than the Pro. Maybe that 16 x2.5 track is making up the difference. And you guys thought Maxwell was fibbin' yah. Lol.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is only 6hp between the 12 Pro and 12 Etec then that says alot for the Doo with it being 30 lbs. heavier supposedly than the Pro. Maybe that 16 x2.5 track is making up the difference. And you guys thought Maxwell was fibbin' yah. Lol.

Doesn't say a thing to me because I have not seen an etec go better than my PRO in the trees yet and straight up hill climb is of no interest to me but we lined up 3 Pros against a 12 etec and all three of us beat him to the top so not sure what your trying to say. AND I'm 280lbs suited up with all my gear so I'm still heavier than the Doo with a 180lb rider. You will not convince me that the Doo is the way to go sorry. We don't even see them when we ride unless we come out of the trees looking for them. The Pro is the most fun you can have on a sled hands down in my opinion of course. Every day you will hear a story about some guy on a Doo that beat a Pro and visa versa but really does it matter? It is what is fun for you to ride and if you like to work harder just to say you ride a Doo that's the freedom of choice we have :) When I ride the Pro I can do things that make me look like CB when I ride a Doo I ride like it's the first time I ever heard of or seen a snowmobile and I am sure that some guys feel the other way around lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't say a thing to me because I have not seen an etec go better than my PRO in the trees yet and straight up hill climb is of no interest to me but we lined up 3 Pros against a 12 etec and all three of us beat him to the top so not sure what your trying to say. AND I'm 280lbs suited up with all my gear so I'm still heavier than the Doo with a 180lb rider. You will not convince me that the Doo is the way to go sorry. We don't even see them when we ride unless we come out of the trees looking for them. The Pro is the most fun you can have on a sled hands down in my opinion of course. Every day you will hear a story about some guy on a Doo that beat a Pro and visa versa but really does it matter? It is what is fun for you to ride and if you like to work harder just to say you ride a Doo that's the freedom of choice we have :) When I ride the Pro I can do things that make me look like CB when I ride a Doo I ride like it's the first time I ever heard of or seen a snowmobile and I am sure that some guys feel the other way around lol.

Tree riding prowess is 80% rider and 20% sled so really the best way is to have them climb against each other. We are confident, you are confident, we have seen results in our favor and so have you. Its probably not productive to veer sideways with this thread as it has gone that way already a couple times Lol.:):beer::beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can not put a pro rmk where you can put a new doo. sorry boys 16 wide track. Bigger lug, better design and a few more ponies there isn't any pro touching a doo in the tight stuff or the open stuff. I realize you think I'm all biased but my group consists of 2 pro rmks and they are not afraid to admit which sled is working the best in the steep deep and tight stuff. All I have to do is take off my 30lb backpack and I'm back down to prormk weight. The price is right on the pro rmk and it is a much better product than the cat. Built better and easier to ride that is why they sell. Doo has the edge in the hills. Like it or not. Until polaris and cat get off there high horse and ditch that old conveyor belt they call a track then we will be talking even deep snow performance. Oh which conveyor belt moves more product? A 16" wide one or a 15" wide one? Its just math folks. That is like a grade 2 math question right there. Don't know why its such a hard concept for everyone.

Anyways back on topic.

Sweet belt drive!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info cs. digging up numbers here and there is a waste of time. It's nice to know someone took the time to evaluate all of them at the same temerature and same altitude on the same machine.

As for the posturing and urination... who cares. I like to ride whatever I'm on.

Reactions: cs5

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is,Stock 150+ HP Class Dyno
Sled Horsepower/Torque
Arctic Cat F 800 Sno Pro 155.5 /101.9
Polaris 800 Rush 146.1/ 97.2
Ski-Doo MXZ 800 R E-TEC 152.1/ 101.1
Yamaha Apex 151.1 /83.3

Most interesting to me is the big 4 stroke torque monster lol, Lowest of the four go figure. The Pol picked up a couple for 13 leaving about a 4 hp diff to the doo.

This is the same day Am sno shoot out in NY.

i dont understand. i thought that was all the hype with those 4 strokes was the torque..............?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tree riding is all about the rider and very little with the sled! I got a buddy with an assault who can barely get that thing to handle in the trees and another buddy with a wedge chassis who can dangle all day with it! (no its definately not LHF!) when it comes to technical its the rider look at burandt u cant tell me that his sled does all the work for him! if you wanna see what climbs better than yes line them up on a hill and start climbing! all personal preference.

Rioplay

Reaction score
Well if we are going straight uphill I am just getting into the throttle where the Pros and Xp's are turning out but I am told straight line does not matter because my sled is a Nytro tank!

What I do know from personal experience is that I can pull my Nytro over with the same force that it takes to get the Xp to side hill. It is no easy feat. Using the same force on a Pro would have myself and the sled right over on the side.

Over the course of the day that is way less effort, less aches and pains and more fun the next day.Not everyone will agree on what is best because most people have different preferences.

Reactions: cs5

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortnately, it's not all about the rider. The sled has a lot to do with it.
Let's see Burandt dipsydoodle a Nytro like he does a Pro.

tree riding is all about the rider and very little with the sled! I got a buddy with an assault who can barely get that thing to handle in the trees and another buddy with a wedge chassis who can dangle all day with it! (no its definately not LHF!) when it comes to technical its the rider look at burandt u cant tell me that his sled does all the work for him! if you wanna see what climbs better than yes line them up on a hill and start climbing! all personal preference.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Rode the Pro for 2 days... Third rode the big horse. I don`t have a problem with the extra weight of the horse but the Pro was a fun ride for a old guy !

Reactions: GRD

Rioplay

Reaction score
My point was I want less aches and pains at the end of the day. And with how well the Pros handle a guy can have a lot of fun with a lot less effort then the other mountain sleds. And to a lot of people this is worth more than a few extra sled lengths up the hill.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is,Stock 150+ HP Class DynoSled Horsepower/TorqueArctic Cat F 800 Sno Pro 155.5 /101.9Polaris 800 Rush 146.1/ 97.2Ski-Doo MXZ 800 R E-TEC 152.1/ 101.1Yamaha Apex 151.1 /83.3Most interesting to me is the big 4 stroke torque monster lol, Lowest of the four go figure. The Pol picked up a couple for 13 leaving about a 4 hp diff to the doo.This is the same day Am sno shoot out in NY.
These Horse power numbers from the crank really don't mean a whole lot, how much power gets to the track? You have to take the clutching into consideration, so it's possible that a sled with less power at the crank puts more to the track.

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im thinking the doo fanatics will be stayin out of ur thread bashin after seein that small mouth bass they call a sled

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does have a "gimmicky" rear suspension to help it sidehill. Those French Canadian TRAIL riders at BRP keep trying. Gotta give them credit for that at the least.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's called TECHNOLOGY.
Just like rider forward, RER, Polaris will follow. Maybe not for a couple of years, and it might be a little different to avoid patent hassles... but, Oh Yes they will follow.
Shur is quiet here... LOL

It does have a "gimmicky" rear suspension to help it sidehill. Those French Canadian TRAIL riders at BRP keep trying. Gotta give them credit for that at the least.

Top Bottom