2012 Revelstoke Ladies Ride Planning Thread

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone else who helped organize/donate/guide... Melinda aka. Hotlips, Randy Swenson/Yamaha, Team Thunderstruck, HMK, 509, BCA, Rough Country, Search and Rescue, Nash Trailers for that awesome BBQ in the parking lot, the Hillcrest, SRS for our mid-day groom and anyone else who I may have forgotten... I believe there was a good chunk of change raised for the Canadian Breast Cancer Society from the auction/raffle :cool:

It was great to see everyone again, looking forward to it again next year!

Ps. everyone can stop doing the snow-dance now!!! LOL

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
That was fun wasn`t it :d and an experience. LOL Amazing support and the best part was the people who came. Melinda and Randy did a great job with the auction $2515 was raised and we will be busting out the big azz cheque (and I`ll be using my new Sharpie) and making a presentation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation with the media. There are so many to thank, working on a report.
So we had Hwys. closed for avy`s, trails slidding, over 1 1/2 ft.l of fresh on the trails up, lost ladies, we rode in 4ft. of snow, heavy snowfall, gusting winds, zero visability, an avalanche, Native American leg wrestling, had a lot of fun and got to yell at the Europeon heli-skiers "We Are Snowmoibilers" when they were taking our pics. Then no one could leave cause they got Revelstuck again 9this time for days). I know I`ve left some out, it was on purpose. I reported on the ride last night at our meeting, the guys all said they had fun and in some cases were the first to get stuck in their group and had sore backs. Say they want to do it again next yr. :d
Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
i had a great time as well..very well put on and organised,,well done people, awesome food to...And i managed to meet Powder Puff!!

And didnt have to wear my bra afterall lol

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Revelstoke Ladies Ride Mar. 3/12 Boulder Mtn.

First of all thanks to Jim/Thunderstruck and Devan/Nash Trailers for the get together Fri. afternoon/evening in the Boulder lot. They provided burgers and refreshments for the ladies attending the ride. Fun place to see old friends and meet new ones, the pole was entertaining. They also made a a donation to the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, thanks again.

The day started with the hwys. closed for avalanches and control in both directions. It had been snowing heavy for 48 hrs., there was a ft. of snow in the parking area that had been cleared the night before. Thanks SRS/Jack for comming out early and clearing the lot for us again and another thanks to Tom and the SRS for the afternoon groom. The SRS also donated our passes for the day.

Eventually we were able to head out. We had 1 1/2 ft. of fresh snow on trails on the way up, 4 ft. of snow once we got up there, heavy snowfall, gusting winds, no visibility and high avy conditions. Now that was a ride and you ladies are troopers. We even had Krista there with her broken ankle done up with an aircast, glad bags and SK chrome.

The ladies broke into groups and club members tried to show them a great day riding in Revelstoke. I know in some cases our guides were the first to get stuck. Some complained of still being tired and having sore backs at the meeting Mon. but they all had ideas how we could improve the ride for next yr. and said they would all come out with us again.
So my next thanks is to the Revelstoke Club members who came out to spend the day with us.

We all met back at the cabin for lunch and thanks to Boulder Smokin` Grill/Becky for getting us all fed up and heading out for the aft.
All I heard all day was "That`s Deep Snow", I had hoped for good snow for us but it would have been nice to see where we were. Guess
there isn`t a lot you can about the weather but that was extreme. Had hoped we could show you some fun areas to ride and some amazing scenery, maybe next yr. ladies.

I would like to thank Barb Byman for all her help with registrations. Ladies attending the ride this yr. came from mostly AB, all corners of B.C. and WA state. There were 38 of us this yr. We had cancellations due to life circumstances and avalanches, so there would have been more if life was perfect.

Dinner was at the Hillcrest and was very well attended, sold out in fact. So a big thanks to Chantal up at the Hillcrest for all her planning and patience. They always treat us good, a lady was leg wrestling and all the waitress said to me was "Really?".
The group picture is of most of us after dinner, it`s a fun pic. The skiers came out of the lounge real quick when we showed up. They were using the cameras for us. They wanted to know why we were all together, there were some language barriers and the ladies were eventually telling them loud, cause it`s easier to understand that way. "We are Snowmobilers" the reply was "Ahh yes, snowmobilers, bbbrrrrmm, bbbrrrm". Priceless.
A Huge Shout Out to Everyone that donated items for the auction and draws Thanks!!!! Sarah Walker, Escape Within/Angela, Sled Shed/Pete, Al and Cathy, Rough Country Barb/Greg, WorkandPlay/ Lawrence, RideWithChrisBrown, Yamaha Motor Canada/Randy 509/Tom, BCA/Deb and Duane, HMK, Thunderstruck/Jim, Barb Byman, Revelstoke Snowmobile Club and Snowmobile Revelstoke Society. Thanks to everyone for their support.
Melinda and Randy hosted the Auction which benefitted the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, they both did an amazing job, Randy had to sell girly items it was rough for him but he did it for us. Thanks to both of you once again. We also had participants
purchase and re-donate items and thank you to Terry from T&T Power Sports for all your bidding support for the uuuummmmm........girls.
The auction raised $2515 and will be donated to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Great Job Everyone.

Then Sunday came and the Hwys. were again closed for days. The term being used a lot that wknd. was Revelstuck and it got used a lot.

Thanks everyone for comming to Revelstoke and participating in the 3rd annual ride. It was great seeing everyone again and an opportuntiy for us all to meet new ladies involved in the sport. I would say it was an experience for sure this time around and a lot of fun.
Hope you`ll all come back next yr. and we`ll try it all again

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/tougar-album/IMG_2219.jpg

Top Bottom