2007 M8 BD pump gas turbo HELP

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2007 m8 with the boondocker pump gas kit on it. took the sled out today and it ran like a bag in the mid to top end just kept falling on its face and seemed to be over fueling like crazy. (plugs were soaked in oil.) im assuming the previous owner has messed with the box so much its running no where near where it should be , in short I was hoping someone would have some basic fuel map setting numbers that I could use to try and get started on tuning this thing better. I want to run around 6psi and I am at about 3000feet currently. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. :confused: if this thing wont run well I may just have to take the kit off and run the sled stock.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try contacting boondocker, they should be able to help you out with numbers to get you started, and to see how they compare with what you're already set up with.

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
I emailed boondockers last night and have yet to get a response but I'm assuming they will get back to me during the week . All I can see on their website is install instructions for the kit and in them has basic understanding of how the box works but the only numbers I can find are 3000- (0-0-0) 5000- (0-0-0) ??? Is it a safe assumption that theses are the starting numbers ? Or am I actually that bad at navigating their website haha

800snopro

Reaction score
ahena7eq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
Dam i defiantly didn't find that on the site but thank you very much for doing it for me !! I am very grateful I will test it out as soon as I can . If I am running 6 psi boost is it still a good idea to run mix gas/race fuel in this set up? It seems like there are too many mixed opinions on this topic.

800snopro

Reaction score
I run 2010 m8 on 8 psi boondocker set up. Run 50/50 c12 and premium. Seems to work good, safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butters

Reaction score
I am running the pump gas turbo on an 09. 6 psi, i mix in 10 liters of c111 just to ensure that I have the octane when I am riding down low. Fourth season and no issues so must be doing something right.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet for questions is to contact Reid at Boondockers Canada, been very helpfull in answering my questions as I picked up a used 2010 M8 RG. Thought my EGT's were high, but straightened me out on where they should be with the type of fuel I am running. I run 100% Av gas. At 7-10lbs. anyone else running a similar kit? My numbers are not close to the Boondocker supplied. I saved the bonndocker supplied #'s as well as Arctic Edges starting numbers, neither seemed to work as good as the moddified ones in there now. Got some fine tunning and learning still on the Boondocker Control box but getting close now.

Anyone have issues with when they get stuck (ya i get stuck even with the turbo) and dig it out, fire it back up and it just bogs? wont rev up at all, always have to get a guy to tug the ski to get onto some hard pack then run it down the trail 20' and it runs fine again. I think its loading up with fuel...?

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
took the sled out again today this time with 100% av gas and about 8 psi of boost seemingly that's the lowest I can set it to with the boost T and I used the starting settings and tinkered a bit from there.I got it running not too bad the mid still had a sight bog tho then all of the sudden it fell on its face and wouldn't rev up and would spit and sputter and bog like crazy giving random power surges. im lost and not sure what is causing this. does anyone know of anyone near the reddeer,AB area that could take a look at my sled or if any of you have some other suggestions or detailed box settings that work for you??? im just lost right now

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took the sled out again today this time with 100% av gas and about 8 psi of boost seemingly that's the lowest I can set it to with the boost T and I used the starting settings and tinkered a bit from there.I got it running not too bad the mid still had a sight bog tho then all of the sudden it fell on its face and wouldn't rev up and would spit and sputter and bog like crazy giving random power surges. im lost and not sure what is causing this. does anyone know of anyone near the reddeer,AB area that could take a look at my sled or if any of you have some other suggestions or detailed box settings that work for you??? im just lost right now

give Deano, at Mad Motorsports a call.

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
What elevation and fuel numbers is everyone running along with boost and fuel. And any other helpful touches

butters

Reaction score
In running an 09 pg turbo, 6 psi. I run 10 liters C111 per tank. I ride low elevation and high without ever touching my bd box. Call dons speed parts wainwright. All the numbers they set my sled up with have been great along with the clutching. Running strong 3 or 4 seasons now. They set up a pile of these sleds over the years. Always helpful anytime I needed them. I don't have my fuel settings handy till Friday.

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
Right on thanks . I got some advise from a member here to check my reeds something I haven't done on this sled and should have before I got it running. I'm almost hoping that this is my main problem. Also I seem to be stuck at a minimum of 8 psi on my sled would I be able to lengthen the wastegate rod a bit to help the situation? Or is there something in the box that I could set to lower it down to around 6 psi ? Also it has a inline boost T that is turned all the way down already.

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
I could do that I guess but should the pump gas kit not be able to be set much lower than 8 psi on its own?

07 m8 aaron

Reaction score
Well I just took the reeds out to check them and they look just fine no feathering or cracking and they are seated against the cage well now im thinking its still a problem with my box settings . I will have to contact one of the professionals that were recommended tomorrow .

T.O.B.C

Reaction score
Your in line boost controller will only allow you to turn your boost down to the value of the spring in the wastegate which is set by turning your wastegate rod in or out. Shortening the rod increases spring value/higher wastegate setting, more boost. Decreasing rod length decreases spring tension/lower wastegate setting as less boost overcomes the spring opening the wastegate.

Top Bottom