1998 rmk 700 project

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have this factory gauge that is not factory for this model of machine, does anyone know what year they started putting these on and what models? I need to verify the wiring as it lights up but the gauge does not swipe.

Thanks

Attachments

• snowb1.jpg
    snowb1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 287

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, but why did it seize in the first place? Did you resolve the previous problem? Be careful if you didn't.

Blown head gasket, the engine wasn't seized, machine is running top notch now after my rebuild. The gauge is there I want to use it.

my original question still applies about year and model.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blown head gasket, the engine wasn't seized, machine is running top notch now after my rebuild. The gauge is there I want to use it.

my original question still applies about year and model.
No part number on it anywhere? You might be able to trace it back that way.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it all figured out, gauge was no good anyways, so I will be replacing it with an aftermarket one.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well took the beast for it's maiden voyage,.. goes like a raped ape and that deep lug track is absolutely garbage on ice, Seeing as there is no snow!!!!!

After about 2km I turned around and headed back to the farm, going to have to wait for more snow and some colder weather, was about -4.

Going quading tomorrow instead

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fired up for first rip couple weeks ago, 50:1 first tank, didn't realize that oil pump was also set to about 30:1, smoky as f**k, LMAO. Have the marks lined up now and put in straight gas, for rip tomorrow.

Attachments

• firstrun.jpg.jpg
    firstrun.jpg.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 237

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this part haha?

Went out last Sat with a buddy playing in the deep pow down south and went into the trees. I turned around to come out, wasn't going very fast and the last thing I remember is laying in front of the sled. Well I hit a stump and was thrown over the handle bars and as a result snapped the rack. Needless to say it was a fun 3miles back to the trucks.

Dealership wants $100 plus part is 2-3wks away,.. Sooooooo, I went looking and was lucky enough to find the exact size 1" x 3/32" x 8' square tubing at Princess Auto for $30. So going to drill it all up for a ride this weekend.

Attachments

• broken rack.jpg
    broken rack.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 206
  • replacement.jpg
    replacement.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 216

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home made replacement, have enough aluminum let to make another 4 or 5 haha.

Attachments

• newbar.jpg
    newbar.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 191

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had that exact problem on my 99. The only good thing was we were couple 100m from the shop. Drug it back and welded it back up and kept going.

Top Bottom