99 rmk 700 jetting question

Polarisrid3r

Reaction score
hi i bought a 99 rmk 700 last year and the crankshaft went bad. im currently in the process of rebuilding the engine and i was curious about the carb jetting. the engine was ported and it currently has: PTO-main=210-pilot=40. MAG-main=215-pilot-40
the stock specs are pto-185-48. and MAG-190-48
do these jets that are in it now sound right? it also has an slp single pipe and v force delta 2 reeds and im riding in about 1200-1500 ft elevation(northern wi)
thanks for the help!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP recommends PTO-205, MAG-210 with 48 pilots and e-clip in #4 for just the pipe. (-20F and below) Jet size will have to increase with porting and heads.

I would start a little fatter after rebuild and then jet down depending on piston wash. You don't get a lot extra out of the 700 motor running it too lean, except expensive repairs.

How many miles on the motor?

Polarisrid3r

Reaction score
thanks for the info! i wasnt quite sure if i should leave it or run it more rich because of how small the pilots were. Im not exactly sure on the miles for the motor, i belive its stock but it may have been rebuilt since it was ported. i wasnt given too much info when i bought it.(got it for 1200) the chassis has around 4200 miles, luckily my pto bearing was still ok when it went down...

Top Bottom