06 rmk 700

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the POLARIS CHAT but not getting any responces, so I will bring it here, seems to be more active in here.

I am looking at a 06 RMK 700, he wants my 900 in trade.

From what I have read, they are basically the small machine with a smaller bore. Correct me if Im wrong. But do they have the same issues as the 900? What are the pros and cons of these machines?

Here are the detail of what the guy told me about the sled:
Always sounds good till you talk to people. LOL.

This is what he told me....

He bought the sled with the engine apart due to 1 side blown ( leaned out). He thought it would be cheaper to buy fixer-upper. He replaced the intake boots (due to cracks) cylinder, piston and ring on that side only. He fixed some cosmetic stuff, which is minor. He says the hood doesnt line up properly, like its pushed back about an 1/2" on one side..... makes me beleive the sled hit something or was rolled. Hood isnt cracked though.

But the one thing that concerns me is he states that when he first starts the sled, a code flashes "SERUVE" or something like that, approx. 3 times, then goes away. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? The sled has 3000 miles on it. Machine appears to be stock beside a SLP can.

My 900 is perfect mechanically, body is pretty good too, small scratches ect.. Mine has 1100 miles with a fresh top end. (due to low compression on one side, never blew)

Im just looking to get a smaller sled for riding around here. Maybe Swan Hills area too. I want a fuel injected, 144" machine. This other guy has that, but Im concerned with RUMORS....They both seem to have a BAD REPUTATION. Which sled is better, the 700 or 900?

Is the 700 a sled I should stay away from? More worried about that code flashing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, THANKS..

Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would stay away, for the fact the top end was only done on one side... you should be able too find something better just keep looking... for the hood not lining up it probably did hit something... they could have just bought a new hood ... your 900 is still better not worth the trade

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If you're interested, I have an '05 Summit 144" 600 with lots of accessories that is open for offers. It has (I think around 2400) and those are mostly wife driven if that makes any difference to you. Delivery can be arranged.

I bought a new 2010 the end of March and the wife now has the '08 that I used, so I have an extra sled taking up too much space.....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3000 miles on the 700, 1100 miles on your 900. His sled has issues - your's doesn't. No way would I ever take that deal. Hold out and look for a nice M6/7 or take a look at ferniesnow's sled, probably in wayyyy better shape and never been blown up. Both the M and the Doo will ride way better than that Polaris as well. Stick to your signature line IMO.

Keep your eyes out over the summer and don't be in a rush, there are a ton of sleds out there and prices will drop as the summer comes around.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.. I can always count on an honest opinion when I come here, thats why I ask. My gut said STAY AWAY, but it never hurts get get a few ideas.

ferniesnow... PM some details and some pictures of the summit, sounds like something that would work for around the flat lands as well and some deeper stuff...if Alberta ever gets any snow this season, LOL.

Im not rushing in to any trades, just like playing around with my sleds over the summer months.. tweaking it I guess. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let him know that unless he takes the sled in to get serviced and inspected, I was going to pass. Havent heard back from him, doubt I will either. :d

Top Bottom