2006 700 rmk replacement engine

Heatscore87

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I have a 2006 rmk 700 with a blown motor. Crank took the side of the black out. And part of the head was damaged. I've been searching like crazy to find another motor. I'm also curious if I can find a 900 engine if I can swap one in. Or wondering what other engine options I have. I don't mind doing a bit of work to make something else fit. But basically just want something that will be reliable for deep snow and mountain riding. Please give me your opinions

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want reliable don't go with the 900! The dealer can't help you with a crate engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding. You would be worse off. Both were not Polaris finest hour, thats for sure. Best of luck. Maybe better off selling it for parts..?

Heatscore87

Reaction score
Dealer quoting 3500$ for rebuilt motor before shipping. Just thought there might be a better idea out there. I don't really want to to part out.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty pricey! That's almost as much as that sled is worth. I am not a %100 sure but that's actually a 755 motor the same ones in the older chassis. You might want to check into trying to find an older motor it might work?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer quoting 3500$ for rebuilt motor before shipping. Just thought there might be a better idea out there. I don't really want to to part out.

Man I would sell off as parts and move on to something more reliable. My buddy has one of these and it's been a money pit for him and he couldn't sell it for 4K last year. The dealer likes the sled though. Just my two bits.

Top Bottom