Gauging interest....

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off. For everyone that would actually take the time to post "this isn't the classified section, blah blah", well, relax, you're not a s&m cop, so chill.

I have been tediously working on a resto mod of a 1991 Camaro RS. Ive invested ~45000 or so. I understand that I won't get my money back, and it sucks but I have lost a ton of interest in this to keep going with it. Someone may look at it and fall in love as it is a very unique and very highly modified sports car. Here's a little write up as to what's been done to it.

Body stripped completely, sanded, painted cyber metallic grey (2010 Camaro color)
2003 6.0L lq9 block bored and stroked to a 402 6.7L
Bottom end completely forged
eagle crank
eagle rods
diamond pistons
comp "r" lifters
double roller chain
stage 3 TEA aluminum heads
vengeance racing custom grind cam, street/strip
Ported Nicky Williams 90mm throttle body and fast intake
42lbs injectors
ls1 Camaro accessories
flexalite oversized rad w/ dual electric fans
zed nitrous wet kit (have jets up to 175 shot)
2000 Camaro ss ecu, wiring harness
Hawks long tube headers
4" mufflex dual eexhaust
stage 3 spec clutch
hurst short throw shifter
t56 6spd trans
3.5" aluminum driveshaft
12bolt moser rear end, 3:90 gears, tru trac posi
umi adjustable lower control arms
umi adjustable panhard bar
koni adjustable racing shocks/struts (yellow)
Eibach 2" drop springs
hotchkis front/rear sway bars/links
12" drilled/slotted 4 wheel disc brakes, newer hawks pads
18" front, 19" rear c6 corvette wheels, chrome
Leather corvette c6 seats
dual ram air hood
new lights all around
new weatherstripping all around
custom sub box with 2 12" kenwood subs, 1000watt kenwood amp
the list goes on and on, tons I'm sure I'm forgetting

Ok, so, the bad things are:
There are spots on the car where I should have spent more time on the bodywork, this was the first car I've ever done myself so it's not perfect. The paint is good tho.
It needs:
Nitrous wired in, it runs off a throttle position sensor and injects at wide open throttle. I can do this for you if it sounds too intimidating
Ebrake cables. I have them, just haven't installed them yet
seats need to be installed, have stock ones in now, needs MINOR fab work to bolt in place
subs/amp have to be installed
wipers and wiper motor needs installed. I left them out

There may be some minor things I am forgetting, and things I don't know about. I haven't driven it much due to work and travelling. With a car this heavily modded you will have to iron out any bugs that arise, if any at all.
This motor was dyno'd at 665rwhp with 150shot of nitrous in a similar Camaro, engine only has ~7000kms since built. This thing hauls ass and turns a LOT of heads.

I am looking at interesting trades on newer sports cars, vettes, mustangs, vipers, challengers, something of interest. Maybe a sled/trailer combo, I'm looking to get 27,000$ for it. Have a lot of receipts in emails and such I can dig out to show you the money that has gone into this car. I know there's going to be guys here criticize it, maybe say I'm asking too much, whatever. Maybe it's too much for you but to someone who understands the expenses needed into such a build, they'll know it's a good deal. Especially u uj since the motor/Trans combo cost 15g, rear end cost 4500, then the rest of the car, it all adds up reall fast. So please, if this car isn't for you, don't waste my time and yours by posting stupid crap in response to this. I am by no means motivated or in a hurry to sell this car. It has been my baby for the past 3 years, and I have only just been able to drive it around this summer since its been built. I've invested a lot of time, and money into it but I've just lost the motivation for it that I once had so I'm gonna test the waters and see what's out there.

Thanks for looking!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics. I have a full photo album on the build of the car from start to finish

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343213305.732612.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343213329.743745.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343213347.525294.jpg

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to get that much money out of this is to part it out and sell the parts / stock car .. It's sad, takes a lot of time and grief, but it's the only way.

Been there, done that! (11.48 on motor, stock bottom end, 6 spd)
The best part was sawzalling the roll cage out and wondering if the buyer would notice the weld plates.

hope you kept all your stock parts

ps. nice fbody, too bad you put it all in a turd gen ;)

blackbtch.JPG

Last edited:

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it and if I had the money and space I'd be interested in it. You did a great job from the looks of it and you seem like you know the right parts to put in it. Don't settle on anything to move it fast. Get what you know its worth. The right person will come along and have the knowledge to appreciate it.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome friggin' driveway!

Nice looking car also. Good luck.

Thanks fernie!

Post a dyno sheet and how is a 21 year old car a "resto-mod"?

Not to be a smart ass.. But this is straight from Wikipedia..

"Restoration is sometimes confused with the term "restomod." A restomod places some portions of the car as they were when the car was first offered for sale, and changes (updates) others. If any part of the car is updated, the car has been "restomodded," and not restored. An "original restoration" puts a car in the same condition as when it was first offered for sale."

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to get that much money out of this is to part it out and sell the parts / stock car .. It's sad, takes a lot of time and grief, but it's the only way.

Been there, done that! (11.48 on motor, stock bottom end, 6 spd)
The best part was sawzalling the roll cage out and wondering if the buyer would notice the weld plates.

hope you kept all your stock parts

ps. nice fbody, too bad you put it all in a turd gen ;)

blackbtch.JPG

Yeah I know what you mean, but that's the last thing I want to do. I will keep it before I do that. Maybe there's someone out there that would find some interest in it. I know the asking price is high, but it's set high cuz I'm not willing to let it go for pennies. I still love the car and I'm sure I could finish it and find that desire for it again that I once had, I'm just testing the waters to see what I could get for it or if this thing is gonna be taken to the grave with me lol!!!

The nice thing about these f bodies are if I get sick of this body style, I could swap everything over into a 4th gen. I've always been fond of the third gens tho. Thats a nice one you had there tho!!! Just not my style, not yet anyways!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to show everyone some the extent I went with this car, here's some before pics when I first started the project. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343269947.089040.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343269970.830444.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343271134.678860.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343271200.024342.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343271218.418477.jpg

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All im gonna say is saying a 91 Camaro is a sports car is like saying a 73 Pinto is a muscle car.

To each their own I guess. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But coming from a guy who still rides a wedge.... We all know your opinions are slightly miscalculated.... I'll put my 91 Camaro up against your 73 pinto any day LHF....

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each their own I guess. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But coming from a guy who still rides a wedge.... We all know your opinions are slightly miscalculated.... I'll put my 91 Camaro up against your 73 pinto any day LHF....

All I have is a 911 Turbo.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i fricken love that car ....half the fun would be pulling up beside punks @ the lights .....to bad my pockets arnt deep

Top Bottom