1000 canam

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to pick one up in next while. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a dealer ship? Or should I start a new post for this?

Check with storm how his dealer is.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought one a couple months back. Havent had a good ride with it yet but first impressions are excellent. The thing is a beast for power and I am really looking forward to taking it into some knarley mud holes. I recommend taking your machine to Get Tourqued in edmonton if you want to mod it up. Those guys really know there sh*t.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with storm how his dealer is.
we have bought all our machines from Wetaskiwin Motorsports, they have treated us very well , no issues with warranty, great service. If you head that way talk to either Roger or John

jimmyjambo

Reaction score
Any feed back on the guys from RIDERS in Edson? Is it best to get mods done at the place of purchase? Will they be better if something goes on the machine?

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought one a couple months back. Havent had a good ride with it yet but first impressions are excellent. The thing is a beast for power and I am really looking forward to taking it into some knarley mud holes. I recommend taking your machine to Get Tourqued in edmonton if you want to mod it up. Those guys really know there sh*t.
I have my bike at get torqed now,they do wonderful work.first class all the way

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000 outlander is awesome just got one can't wait to get out and ride when I can get traction I know it spanks a trx450 in a drag race on dry pavement :).

camnic

Reaction score
hey guys, I found this tread browsing for info, I just bought a 1000xt last week, wondering if anyone knows if i can fit 27 12-12's on the rear without modifying suspension or rims? thanks.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any feed back on the guys from RIDERS in Edson? Is it best to get mods done at the place of purchase? Will they be better if something goes on the machine?

Just got a 1000 xt commander from these guys, very happy with the transaction. Chris was my salesman and was super helpful. Heck he released the thing before the cheque was even in his hands. Whoa baby are these things awesome they make a rhino look like a golf cart.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I found this tread browsing for info, I just bought a 1000xt last week, wondering if anyone knows if i can fit 27 12-12's on the rear without modifying suspension or rims? thanks.

You should be able to fit them no problem. I have 28's on my 1000xt without an issue. Some people said I would have to trim my plastics but I never rubbed once. I've since put in a pipe lift and have no worries at all now

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to fit them no problem. I have 28's on my 1000xt without an issue. Some people said I would have to trim my plastics but I never rubbed once. I've since put in a pipe lift and have no worries at all now
Which 28's did you go with?

camnic

Reaction score

thanks pinko, just ordered a set of ITP mud lite xl's 27x10r12's for the front and 27x12r12's for the rear, should make a big difference with my current "spin rear tires everywhere issue"

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea they should help. I still have that issue with the 28's but that could be my fault

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put 28" outlaws on mine. Spins them like crazy in the skeg. Gonna need a clutch kit for sure though. Mine rub huge but I have off set wheels. I think with the stock rims is how you avoid trimming and rubbing

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
thanks pinko, just ordered a set of ITP mud lite xl's 27x10r12's for the front and 27x12r12's for the rear, should make a big difference with my current "spin rear tires everywhere issue"
what were your reasons for choosing mud lights over the zilla's?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. After putting outlaws on I rode yesterday in some real muskeg. It was tough going but got worse when I broke a front cv. Then I was limping out and broke the other front. Now I'm pissed and have 2 km of the worst ahead of. The crazy power of the 1000 bounced and wheelie over everything. I never let of once and never got stuck in 2wd. It was quite the rodeo ride. I cant believe I broke a cv with 28" tires. I've never broke one on any machine before this. Has anyone else broke a cv on there 2012

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. After putting outlaws on I rode yesterday in some real muskeg. It was tough going but got worse when I broke a front cv. Then I was limping out and broke the other front. Now I'm pissed and have 2 km of the worst ahead of. The crazy power of the 1000 bounced and wheelie over everything. I never let of once and never got stuck in 2wd. It was quite the rodeo ride. I cant believe I broke a cv with 28" tires. I've never broke one on any machine before this. Has anyone else broke a cv on there 2012
It's all the Outlaws dude. The 2012s have the same CVs as the old ones...just due to a different frame that allows mounting of the diff lower, the angle is better. I had 28" laws on my 07...broke a front CV first weekend. Traded out for 28" Mudbugs, then 28" Zillas, then 30" Zillas....never another issue for 5 seasons. You can run Laws....but don't goose'er with the bars turned. You'd actually be better off with 29.5 Laws over the 28s because of the "squareness" of the 28s....they have a TON of lug on the ground.

Last edited:

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
29.5s with 0 throttle control always WOT N no broke axle im very impressed with the new 1000

Top Bottom