1000 canam

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at pickin one up any feed back good or bad would be great thanks

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd guess they are fast......does that help Eric????:p You getting a Renegade? I know my T-Cat was stupid fast when I was running 26" Zillas; lost about 10 mph with the 27" Outlaws now; but it is still well into the too fawkin' fast to be safe catagory.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will still pull 72mph ++ on the speedo with 30" rubber...so fast: yes.

New frame is supposed to be stronger. New model is harder to snorkle. Outlander is harder to fit 28" or larger tires. Everything else is as good or better than the old model Outlander/Rennys.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the renegade just the outlander all black I think gonna snorkel and do some clutching mods no rad relocate I've been looking at tires and think the silverbacks there agressive but not to heavy I'm lookin at 27 or 28" what's your suggestions

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was also looking at the xmr for the two up the wife has her own 400 outy but likes to just double some times have mixed feelings about the xmr any thoughts on them have heard axles and clutching is a problem on them

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will still pull 72mph ++ on the speedo with 30" rubber...so fast: yes.New frame is supposed to be stronger. New model is harder to snorkle. Outlander is harder to fit 28" or larger tires. Everything else is as good or better than the old model Outlander/Rennys.
What color do they come in?????

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was also looking at the xmr for the two up the wife has her own 400 outy but likes to just double some times have mixed feelings about the xmr any thoughts on them have heard axles and clutching is a problem on them
There's nothing wrong with the XMR's...they are the Gen1 chassis still...no 1000. There's always room for improvement, but there's no "problems' per se.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whichever one you get...let me know and I'll steer ya in the right direction for whatever mods you might be interested in...I've clutched the Gen1 and the Gen2...snorked both, big tired both, etc, etc....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bob runs a xmr and he seems to go everywhere with few problems. Only broke 1 axle.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at tires and think the silverbacks there agressive but not to heavy I'm lookin at 27 or 28" what's your suggestions

I really like the 27" Outlaws I am running now. Likely too aggressive for doing alot of riding on hardpacked trails though.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks for the reminder Ray.... lol:beer:, biggest thing i think with the axle issues is having the suspension jacked to 6, and cranking the wheels hard and having those silverbacks suddenly grab something hard.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks for the reminder Ray.... lol:beer:, biggest thing i think with the axle issues is having the suspension jacked to 6, and cranking the wheels hard and having those silverbacks suddenly grab something hard.
I just remember the drinking with you after. :beer: or do we remember.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a little foggy Ray, but yeah i do remember copious amounts of margaritas, then having to drive back to Wetaskiwin the next day hung over to get a new cv..... wasnt a good day :beer::beer:

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 1000xt ,haven't put any miles on it yet and have had it for 3 months.the reason I haven't rode it is because I took it to get torque here in Edmonton .it is being transformed into a torque monster.i have installed 30 inch mud Zillas on rubber down customs lox 14 inch alum.rims ,powder coated black.we had to trim the fenders due to a little rubbing.i ordered my bike in camo with the upgraded shocks.the motor has 12-1 pistons and is now a true 1020 cc.there are black ricochet skids,new power commander v,custom rad kit and snorkels are in the process of being fabricated.the heads were sent to the USA to be ported and polished and arrived yesterday .we installed a high flow billett water pump blade to give some added cooling.the rear storage box was removed and 6 inches was removed from the back to allow room for the duel exhaust header to be installed,as I wanted the mufflers one on the left and one one the right.this will be done next week,the Dyno tuning and figure out what cams are going to work the best.i did not add any lift as I think there will be to much strain on the axels,with the tire,rim,and shock combo we have 13.5 inches of clearance under this beast,our goal is 80-85 rwhp.thanks to all the staff at get torqued for helping build my dream mud monster.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 1000xt ,haven't put any miles on it yet and have had it for 3 months.the reason I haven't rode it is because I took it to get torque here in Edmonton .it is being transformed into a torque monster.i have installed 30 inch mud Zillas on rubber down customs lox 14 inch alum.rims ,powder coated black.we had to trim the fenders due to a little rubbing.i ordered my bike in camo with the upgraded shocks.the motor has 12-1 pistons and is now a true 1020 cc.there are black ricochet skids,new power commander v,custom rad kit and snorkels are in the process of being fabricated.the heads were sent to the USA to be ported and polished and arrived yesterday .we installed a high flow billett water pump blade to give some added cooling.the rear storage box was removed and 6 inches was removed from the back to allow room for the duel exhaust header to be installed,as I wanted the mufflers one on the left and one one the right.this will be done next week,the Dyno tuning and figure out what cams are going to work the best.i did not add any lift as I think there will be to much strain on the axels,with the tire,rim,and shock combo we have 13.5 inches of clearance under this beast,our goal is 80-85 rwhp.thanks to all the staff at get torqued for helping build my dream mud monster.
For got a few things STM and cv tech clutches,Buddha shifter,bullet stud nuts,springs and motor all powder coated black,custom mounted hitch under winch,

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quinn and kevin definetly know their chit, im sure you will be extremely happy with the machine:beer:

Top Bottom