1000 canam

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. Muskeg is not muskeg. Take that XMR to Fort Nelson for a day and you'll see what I mean. You sink to the skids and that's it, you're done. You could have all the power and clearance in the world but if you can't float on top it ain't worth fawk all. A Honda 350 fourtrax with wide tires will drive circles around your big can-am in that stuff, I guarantee it. What does weight have to do with it? Are you kidding me? Floatation is just one advantage of light weight. Not to mention handling, suspension action, braking distances, hillclimbing, sidehilling, general safety, the list goes on. Power is nice, but if ATV design keeps progressing like this pretty soon we'll all be riding jeeps with handlebars.[/QUOTEAll i ride is muskeg and have rode out in fort nelson and its no different then the skeg in northern saskachewan. My 800 outlander floats in it all and my opinion is you have a gutless pig of a rhino that sucks in the mud and your upset with your purchase and now all of snow and mud has to pay for it cause your always stuck in your "real muskeg". For one i cant wait to try a 1000 outlander cause more power is always nice to have.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i ride is muskeg and have rode out in fort nelson and its no different then the skeg in northern saskachewan. My 800 outlander floats in it all and my opinion is you have a gutless pig of a rhino that sucks in the mud and your upset with your purchase and now all of snow and mud has to pay for it cause your always stuck in your "real muskeg". For one i cant wait to try a 1000 outlander cause more power is always nice to have.[/QUOTE]My opinion is that you are full of it. Your outlander doesn't float in all of it, nothing does. There's a reason why all the surveyors who work up there use Argos with tracks, and it ain't because they like going slow. My whole point wasn't to say that "my skeg is worse than your skeg," it was to point out that 900 lbs is a rediculous curb weight for an ATV, and that real nasty muskeg is just one of the places where the drawbacks of all that weight will become clear. But whatever man, do what you like. Just don't expect me or anybody else to help you flip that half-ton pig back upright when you flip it over on the trail ride down to the mudholes.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tipped over, pulled out,been pulled out, etc. etc................................I have never had any one refuse to help me,nor have i refused to help some one in need because their bike was too fat........................................

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tipped over, pulled out,been pulled out, etc. etc................................I have never had any one refuse to help me,nor have i refused to help some one in need because their bike was to fat........................................

You've never been sledding with a guy on a Turbo Apex have you?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've never been sledding with a guy on a Turbo Apex have you?
Everybody has...woopidy do. When quadding I even let Rhinos and Hondas ride with me...I don't mind waiting for them and towing them all day...it's all about the fun....rookies have to start somewhere.

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok my last reply to this nonsense: Clearly we have very different ideas of what a good ride entails. Watching my friends take turns ripping a mud hole to bits, breaking axles, winching each other out, drinking 3 beers, and going on the next mud hole to do it all over again is not my idea of a good time. Here's what I figure: You like mud, I like trails. You like to go deep, I like to go places. You break the winch out to get your poor buddy out of a mud hole, I break the winch out to get to the top of an otherwise impossible climb. You ask "how fast does it go?", I ask "how far can it go?" Your measure of a machine is "how big of tires can I turn?", my measure of a machine is "How big of a rock can I climb over?". You guys value power over all else, I value agility. Hence I care about what my machine weighs (and yes I know a RZR is lighter, but I like going there and getting back too), while you guys obviously could care less, so long as you have more power than your buddy does right? Agree to disagree...are we done here?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok my last reply to this nonsense: Clearly we have very different ideas of what a good ride entails. Watching my friends take turns ripping a mud hole to bits, breaking axles, winching each other out, drinking 3 beers, and going on the next mud hole to do it all over again is not my idea of a good time. Here's what I figure: You like mud, I like trails. You like to go deep, I like to go places. You break the winch out to get your poor buddy out of a mud hole, I break the winch out to get to the top of an otherwise impossible climb. You ask "how fast does it go?", I ask "how far can it go?" Your measure of a machine is "how big of tires can I turn?", my measure of a machine is "How big of a rock can I climb over?". You guys value power over all else, I value agility. Hence I care about what my machine weighs (and yes I know a RZR is lighter, but I like going there and getting back too), while you guys obviously could care less, so long as you have more power than your buddy does right? Agree to disagree...are we done here?
Well now we know what YOU like....and you ASSUME you know what some of us other guys like...but again, you would be WRONG.

I like trails, I like mud holes, I like going over rocks, I like large tires, I like agility, I like power, I like speed, and I like getting home at the end of the day....and all this is very comfortably done on a modern, large-bore ATV. You should try it some day. Try 40 miles of "your" trails with a Honda 350....then do it again with a 2012 Can Am 1000. After a day on an old Honda your back, neck, arms and shoulders are beat up. After a day on the Can Am, you arrive back home relaxed and ready to top up the tank for a night ride. I've been there guy....and there's no going back.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey muffin ill take you out around whitecourt swan hills and surrounding areas to some skeg that ll have you going home with your tail between your legs there's lots of bad muskeg just like you talk about but you'll probably never know cause your piece of crap wouldn't make it

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey muffin ill take you out around whitecourt swan hills and surrounding areas to some skeg that ll have you going home with your tail between your legs there's lots of bad muskeg just like you talk about but you'll probably never know cause your piece of crap wouldn't make it
Sounds good. Can I bring the chalkboard out so I can teach you how to use punctuation while we're having a beer break?

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Can I bring the chalkboard out so I can teach you how to use punctuation while we're having a beer break?
sounds good but bring your old lady aswell and i'll show her what it feels like to be pleasued for once in her life cause you sound so retared you probably cant find the hole. But thats ok your used to going around holes with your 350 honda and your rhino right

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good but bring your old lady aswell and i'll show her what it feels like to be pleasued for once in her life cause you sound so retared you probably cant find the hole. But thats ok your used to going around holes with your 350 honda and your rhino right
Well sorry man, I asked the wife about that but she said your IQ must be higher than your tire size if you want to ride, so I guess you're out of luck.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sorry man, I asked the wife about that but she said your IQ must be higher than your tire size if you want to ride, so I guess you're out of luck.
Thats pretty funny cause the honda 350's run like 25" tires so you just called your self a retard.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think my next bike is going to be a Honda 350, you just never know when your going to end up in a Fort Nelson muskeg.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get imdooin in here, he knows how to find the holes, hell he drives right in them then jumps off his machine so he gets the whole soggy wet feelin and everything....sorry larry couldnt resist

It's always a adventure riding with crackadooin...Bahhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom