1000 canam

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quinn and kevin definetly know their chit, im sure you will be extremely happy with the machine:beer:[/QUOTE
quinn is no longer at get torqued,but kevin,ives and scotty sure do no what they are doing,they are very meticulous in there work.i know i made the right choice in picking there shop.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure getting a 1000 xt commander after the weekend Gonna demo one tommorow

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome quad, i have 28" zillas and wife has 28" mudlites, lots of room in the new chasis for the tires, had a 850 polaris before this one and this one is awesome for power and ride..

Attachments

• i phone pics feb 10 2012 204.jpg
    i phone pics feb 10 2012 204.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 237
  • i phone pics feb 10 2012 205.jpg
    i phone pics feb 10 2012 205.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 245

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
85 horse sounds nice but I'm a firm believer in "light is right," thus I could never bring myself to buy a 900 pound ATV. Have fun when you hit the muskeg with a pig like that. And I'm talking real muskeg, the bottomless, floating mattress of moss, swallow a D9 cat whole kind of skeg. Not the wet ground the central Albertans like to call muskeg. Your 29.5" outlaws won't do you a lick of good in that kind of stuff, all that counts is flotation.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
85 horse sounds nice but I'm a firm believer in "light is right," thus I could never bring myself to buy a 900 pound ATV. Have fun when you hit the muskeg with a pig like that. And I'm talking real muskeg, the bottomless, floating mattress of moss, swallow a D9 cat whole kind of skeg. Not the wet ground the central Albertans like to call muskeg. Your 29.5" outlaws won't do you a lick of good in that kind of stuff, all that counts is flotation.

You are so right our muskeg sucks down here,your muskeg is way better................................
I can assure you you are the first to use PIG & CANAM 1000 in the same sentence...................................
Why would you not sell your PIG rhino (1200 lbs +) and buy a " LIGHTER IS RIGHT" RZR @ 960 lbs..................................

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 1000xt ,haven't put any miles on it yet and have had it for 3 months.the reason I haven't rode it is because I took it to get torque here in Edmonton .it is being transformed into a torque monster.i have installed 30 inch mud Zillas on rubber down customs lox 14 inch alum.rims ,powder coated black.we had to trim the fenders due to a little rubbing.i ordered my bike in camo with the upgraded shocks.the motor has 12-1 pistons and is now a true 1020 cc.there are black ricochet skids,new power commander v,custom rad kit and snorkels are in the process of being fabricated.the heads were sent to the USA to be ported and polished and arrived yesterday .we installed a high flow billett water pump blade to give some added cooling.the rear storage box was removed and 6 inches was removed from the back to allow room for the duel exhaust header to be installed,as I wanted the mufflers one on the left and one one the right.this will be done next week,the Dyno tuning and figure out what cams are going to work the best.i did not add any lift as I think there will be to much strain on the axels,with the tire,rim,and shock combo we have 13.5 inches of clearance under this beast,our goal is 80-85 rwhp.thanks to all the staff at get torqued for helping build my dream mud monster.

are you the guy getting the blank front and having a custom design cut in it smkngstv??
it should be on the way to get torqed tomorrow, saving the guy a little work and leaving it flat so its easier to set up and work with.

Rad relocates are available from get torqed or me for the gen 2 1000's

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are so right our muskeg sucks down here,your muskeg is way better................................I can assure you you are the first to use PIG & CANAM 1000 in the same sentence...................................Why would you not sell your PIG rhino (1200 lbs +) and buy a " LIGHTER IS RIGHT" RZR @ 960 lbs..................................
Are you disagreeing with me about the Can-Am being a pig or not? I mean holy hell 900lbs? That's only 70 pounds shy of a RZR...terrible. And I would be happy to sell my rhino and get a lighter machine, but I have other priorities at the moment so I guess I'm stuck with it. It does what I need it to do and that's good enough...no arguments about the weight it is a tank. Still lighter than a commander or Teryx though.

Last edited:

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what the heck does weight have to do with it? wether it be 900 pounds or 700 pounds.......muskeg is muskeg........learn how to drive in it and it wont cause you any issues, my xmr with 30'' skinny silverbacks does just fine in muskeg and it weighs in close to if not over 900 lbs........goes everywhere a 500 pounder with big fat floaters does..........providing the idjit im following has half his marbles and doesnt say hmm this is cool lets go w.o.t and make a mess for 20 others to get through.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you the guy getting the blank front and having a custom design cut in it smkngstv??it should be on the way to get torqed tomorrow, saving the guy a little work and leaving it flat so its easier to set up and work with.Rad relocates are available from get torqed or me for the gen 2 1000's
I yes that would be me

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is that why 350 Yamaha Bruins are so popular?

Oh, any by the way, D9 Cats are kinda heavy.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what the heck does weight have to do with it? wether it be 900 pounds or 700 pounds.......muskeg is muskeg........learn how to drive in it and it wont cause you any issues, my xmr with 30'' skinny silverbacks does just fine in muskeg and it weighs in close to if not over 900 lbs........goes everywhere a 500 pounder with big fat floaters does..........providing the idjit im following has half his marbles and doesnt say hmm this is cool lets go w.o.t and make a mess for 20 others to get through.
No. Muskeg is not muskeg. Take that XMR to Fort Nelson for a day and you'll see what I mean. You sink to the skids and that's it, you're done. You could have all the power and clearance in the world but if you can't float on top it ain't worth fawk all. A Honda 350 fourtrax with wide tires will drive circles around your big can-am in that stuff, I guarantee it. What does weight have to do with it? Are you kidding me? Floatation is just one advantage of light weight. Not to mention handling, suspension action, braking distances, hillclimbing, sidehilling, general safety, the list goes on. Power is nice, but if ATV design keeps progressing like this pretty soon we'll all be riding jeeps with handlebars.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. Muskeg is not muskeg. Take that XMR to Fort Nelson for a day and you'll see what I mean. You sink to the skids and that's it, you're done. You could have all the power and clearance in the world but if you can't float on top it ain't worth fawk all. A Honda 350 fourtrax with wide tires will drive circles around your big can-am in that stuff, I guarantee it. What does weight have to do with it? Are you kidding me? Floatation is just one advantage of light weight. Not to mention handling, suspension action, braking distances, hillclimbing, sidehilling, general safety, the list goes on. Power is nice, but if ATV design keeps progressing like this pretty soon we'll all be riding jeeps with handlebars.

everybody has the right to have an opinion, others have the right to disagree.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We won't rip it up before you. Lol.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be correct on the honda 350...But then you'd have to drive a honda 350... Some of us crave power, and the outty 1000 gives us the "fix" we need. I don't have to lift it, so I don't particularly care what the thing weighs haha.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Thundercat and it has more power then anyone needs in a 4x4. you should be happy with the can am 1000. The power is addictive though :) Squeeeezing the trigger always bring a smile!

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea me and buddy went to the scales and what did you know my 7?? Grizzly weighed 10lbs more then his 350 Honda. :eek:

Top Bottom