06 m7?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a guy i know wants to sell me his 2006 m7 162 with nitros...the sled has i big crack on the hood...other then thats in pretty good looking condition...what would it be worth? how much is the nitros worth if he took it off or if i sold it? thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend that you give the guys out at don's speed parts a call as they'll be able to give you a good acurrate value for it.. I know that they are blowing 08 M8's out right now at 10G

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thanks...whats a good way to fix the crack...it is very big...almost across the whole hood(atleast 1foot)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thanks...whats a good way to fix the crack...it is very big...almost across the whole hood(atleast 1foot)

I beleive the guys at supreme plating in edmonton here also do plastic welding.. I beleive that a new hood from cat costs about 800.00

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a new lexan mountain fit hood, $180

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any one have an m7? just wondering what they are like...i want to research befor i go and spend all my money...

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
befor i do any mods i need to get the sled...is there anything i should look at to see if it may need alot of fixing or anything?

hmmc

Reaction score
I have an 05 and it has been a very good sled check for cracks in the near the foot well. This will tell you if it has been jumped hard. I would sell you mine if intrested it is in mint. Have to clean out the garage 5 sleds is to many.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anything else i should know? how are they for hanling? my friend has a m1000 and the bars have alot of play...they feel loose somewhere? all Cats like this?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anything else i should know? how are they for hanling? my friend has a m1000 and the bars have alot of play...they feel loose somewhere? all Cats like this?

If his bars are loose that should be really easy to fix.. Tell him to tighten up the bolts that mount the steering hoop and the two nuts that hold the hoop to the bars (bolts are molded right in to tank.. It is a fairly common thing but easy to solve..

m7mod

Reaction score
I have a 05 m7 it is good but lacks power It is in the shop getting some work done to the motor a few mods

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rode with a guy that has the 06 or 07 M7 ? (not sure on the year) and it is a very good sled and this is coming from a Doo guy!!! Of course he has rode sleds since he was knee high to a grasshopper so he knows a thing or too about riding a sled.

Billy Boy:cool:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If his bars are loose that should be really easy to fix.. Tell him to tighten up the bolts that mount the steering hoop and the two nuts that hold the hoop to the bars (bolts are molded right in to tank.. It is a fairly common thing but easy to solve..

its not his bars...its the whole steering post im pretty sure...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not his bars...its the whole steering post im pretty sure...

I think you miss understood me.. The parts that need tightened up are all to do with the steering post.. They are bolts that hold the steering post to the steering hoop and where the steering hoop mounts to the bulkhead.. It should be 4 bolts and 2 nuts.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you miss understood me.. The parts that need tightened up are all to do with the steering post.. They are bolts that hold the steering post to the steering hoop and where the steering hoop mounts to the bulkhead.. It should be 4 bolts and 2 nuts.

o haha sorry...i understand now

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. I have an 06 M7 and the only problem i have is that it uses more fuel than my 08 M1000. Other than that, it is an excellent sled.

Top Bottom