ZX Chaincase Question

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Hi im new here but iv got a 96 670 that im doing a 151 long track and iv droped and rolled the chaincase, a friend of mine has got a zx chassis light weight drive shaft and 9 tooth extraverts for me but the chaincase seal and bearing is smaller for the zx then the the s chassis chaincase that iv got. So i was wondering if anyone knew if the seal and the bearing from a zx chaincase fit in a s chassis chaincase. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And if you know of anyone that might know anything about them please tell them to check this thread out, Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the chaincase seal and bearing is smaller for the zx then the the s chassis chaincase that iv got. So i was wondering if anyone knew if the seal and the bearing from a zx chaincase fit in a s chassis chaincase.

You already answered the question I think? You say it doesn't fit because the ZX is smaller, so....??? not sure I understand the question you are asking.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hes trying to use a zx bearing and shaft in an s chassis case with a larger ID bearing. but not sure if the zx bearing fits in the s case( i think ). i have no idea LOL. use a zx case?

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
i have a zx driveshaft that i want to put in an s chassis 670 and i need to know if the od is the same for the 2 chaincases if i grabbed a zx seal

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
I just realized that i put this in the wrong section....should of been in the "PERFORMANCE and MODIFICATION GARAGE"

If its no big deal can the administrators change it, thanks

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went thu this a while back take the 2 shafts to a bearing shop and order bearing and seal to fit.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
I Know a bearing shop will have a bearing for me but i never thought about looking for the seal there, ill give a try but in the mean time if anyone does know the answer that would be great

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a zx driveshaft that i want to put in an s chassis 670 and i need to know if the od is the same for the 2 chaincases if i grabbed a zx seal

No, the ZX bearing has a 58 mm OD, the S chassis bearing is 60 mm OD. The ZX bearing won't fit the S chassis chaincase.

The ZX uses a 04-106-02R and the S chassis uses a 04-1650 bearing. ZX's are the oddball ones, almost all others you could make it work, but the ID of the ZX bearing is a 28 mm as well, and its the only one that uses that ID. I would press the drivers off the ZX shaft and use them on the S shaft.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you dropped and rolled it you should of used the ZX case you would of had more clearance.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
the drop and roll is already done but thanks for the advise, i only did it to run 9 tooth extraverts. Im on a tight buget for this sled since im only 17, by the time im done i will have spent 600$ on the 151 track, rail extensions, 9 tooth extraverts, 2 wheel kit, limiter straps, short carb boots and shaved down secondary shaft and bearings and other little stuff; i was lent the template for the drop and roll from a friend of mine, the zx shaft was given to me and i was given a lot of advise on this sled which im very thankful for :d

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
No, the ZX bearing has a 58 mm OD, the S chassis bearing is 60 mm OD. The ZX bearing won't fit the S chassis chaincase.

The ZX uses a 04-106-02R and the S chassis uses a 04-1650 bearing. ZX's are the oddball ones, almost all others you could make it work, but the ID of the ZX bearing is a 28 mm as well, and its the only one that uses that ID. I would press the drivers off the ZX shaft and use them on the S shaft.

Is the seal the same OD as the bearing?

Im going to a bearing shop today and im going to try to find a seal that will work and if i do i know ill be able to find a bearing aswell, wish me luck i want to go sledding hear in BC :d

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
both bearing shops wwere closed soo i have to wait till tuesday to go and look:mad:

Top Bottom