Yeti Gas Can

APEX 1

Reaction score
I bought a 2016 YZ 450 FX with 2016 129 Yeti track on it I got a Yeti gas can with it but found it very difficult to remove and install locking pin on their hold down bracket.Lost gas can a few weekends ago out riding must of not got pin in properly not sure if Yeti will help me with this issue just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their Yeti gas cans

Boost Monster

Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with the can or pin last year. Pin can be a pain with ice and snow build up on the pin causing the ball detent to stick. Yeti changed vendors on the pin early in the spring and have had good luck so far for the most part. For 2017 kits and the new gas can it will use a ratchet style strap that loops around the cap of the can. Super slick. New can will come with strap and mount with hook. Got mine today. New Red cans are arriving very Soon.

Last edited:

APEX 1

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this thread dropped by the Yeti shop today and talked with Jamie as stated by Boost Monster there is a new gas can available that will solve this problem.I would like to say that I am very impressed with the service I get from Jamie and the guys at the Yeti shop THANKS

Honky Tonk

Reaction score
Had trouble mounting the gas can since the instructions mentioned 19 3/8" or 43.26 cm back from bracket...Didn't double check my dimensions and used the metric numbers (I'm metric 90% of the time)...Can wouldn't fit...Rechecked, it happens that 19.375" is NOT 43.26 cm...Only out by 1 cm..19.375"=44.2 cm...My bad for not checking...Their bad for printing wrong instructions!

Top Bottom