Yammy Days in Revy-Calling all turbo 2-strokes

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
The sled I rode at the big dawg was the same guy we helped up the top of Monster. The power felt really close to my Apex once it was going. It just wasn't as responsive out of the whole as the Apex. I chopped the throttle and hit it again several time and the power was right there. Over all was pretty impressed, but I think I will be sticking with my Apex. No offensce!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled I rode at the big dawg was the same guy we helped up the top of Monster. The power felt really close to my Apex once it was going. It just wasn't as responsive out of the whole as the Apex. I chopped the throttle and hit it again several time and the power was right there. Over all was pretty impressed, but I think I will be sticking with my Apex. No offensce!

Well i know that the guy that mrcoop is talking about said that his works very well.. And that he is able to come part way down a hill and hack a u-turn and go back up.. I've talked to several guys with yammies that say that they are not able to do that id they even think about it they are already stuck.. In my opinion i have a hard time beleiving that a heavy yammy feels the same as coops buddies M1000T as the M is over 100lbs lighter dry weight than an apex and at 10lbs boost it made 250hp and for over half the winter he ran it at like 16lbs boost.. So in my opinion it boils down to HP to weight ratio..

Last edited:

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
Well i know that the guy that mrcoop is talking about said that his works very well.. And that he is able to come part way down a hill and hack a u-turn and go back up.. I've talked to several guys with yammies that say that they are not able to do that id they even think about it they are already stuck.. In my opinion i have a hard time beleiving that a heavy yammy feels the same as coops buddies M1000T as the M is over 100lbs lighter dry weight than an apex and at 10lbs boost it made 250hp and for over half the winter he ran it at like 16lbs boost.. So in my opinion it boils down to HP to weight ratio..

Never said they feel the same! Not knocking the sled at all, it works really well. Some times weight savings is not all it is cracked up too be. Example- when it comes to climbing M-10 heavy, verus light weight skid. I will be taking the M-10. Come out and try them both,then you deside, I have and it is just my opinion.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never said they feel the same! Not knocking the sled at all, it works really well. Some times weight savings is not all it is cracked up too be. Example- when it comes to climbing M-10 heavy, verus light weight skid. I will be taking the M-10. Come out and try them both,then you deside, I have and it is just my opinion.

Hey if your in mcbride stop by the old ride and hide shop.. As me and the GF and inlaws are the new owners of it and we'll try to make it for a ride and i'll take you up on that offer to try a boosted yammy out..

Last edited:

Turbo68

Reaction score
I guess if it is hard packed you guys should do sort of ok. Why dont you show up in January and show us how you climb the deep snow?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I guess if it is hard packed you guys should do sort of ok. Why dont you show up in January and show us how you climb the deep snow?
Huh???????
It really comes down to ride what you like, and whatever suits your riding style. Everybody has a reason why they ride what they ride, so just have fun. If people want to compare there stuff and compete, well thats fine too, but to come right out and say one is better than another without comparing them on the hill...well that makes no sense.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be like a few sharks trolling arond some fat plump tuna's... LOL...LOL...

gg you chit stirer.....you do know the Tuna is one of the fastest fish in the sea....biologists say it is the most perfectly designed fish ........and it's a eating machine.......
GOT SUSHI:d:d

NM

Reaction score
gg you chit stirer.....you do know the Tuna is one of the fastest fish in the sea....biologists say it is the most perfectly designed fish ........and it's a eating machine.......
GOT SUSHI:d:d
LMAO. Holy sheeaat thats funny. Fab and Rip n Tear were asking if we were coming to McBride. I wasn't sure...but if somebody calls my sleds fat one more time, then Sledbunny can put me down for 4 peeps at #1.:d:beer:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO. Holy sheeaat thats funny. Fab and Rip n Tear were asking if we were coming to McBride. I wasn't sure...but if somebody calls my sleds fat one more time, then Sledbunny can put me down for 4 peeps at #1.:d:beer:
YOUR SLEDS ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY FAWKIN FAT:d:d
Man it's gonna be a GOODER:d:d
It took insults to awake the real #1's

NM

Reaction score
YOUR SLEDS ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY FAWKIN FAT:d:d
Man it's gonna be a GOODER:d:d
It took insults to awake the real #1's
PM to Sledbunny has been sent. Looking forward to it. You better not wuss on us now Snotty;):d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM to Sledbunny has been sent. Looking forward to it. You better not wuss on us now Snotty;):d

Hey I'am on your side:d I thought you were asking someone to call your sleds FAT:eek:

RK pays me to get the Big Name riders to come any way possible.:d

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
I'm gonna bringmy MXZX 121 so I can rip up and down the trail..... fear of the 1200 turbo cats is getting to me, so I think I will stay on the hard pack..... That sled of yours is to fat..... better not leave the hard pack!!!

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
you wanna see fat..... wait till you see what I drag home from the bar after the lights turn on..... and she prolly comes with a blow dryer too!!!

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great opinion........... like you said, you rode them & it wasn't for you!!! Seems like someone has a hard time with your opinion though!!! :cool:
It's all about the "heavy Yammy" all the time, but not too many getting pulled off the hills are there???? :d
Sorry for the mini rant, but getting ticked at the narrow-minded people who can't see everything out there is good!!!!:mad:

RN

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great opinion........... like you said, you rode them & it wasn't for you!!! Seems like someone has a hard time with your opinion though!!! :cool:
It's all about the "heavy Yammy" all the time, but not too many getting pulled off the hills are there???? :d
Sorry for the mini rant, but getting ticked at the narrow-minded people who can't see everything out there is good!!!!:mad:

RN

I am just saying what i think.. Is it wrong for me to have my own opinion.. I'm not saying that there aren't peeps out there can do some wicked riding with them and they absolutely love them.... But they just aren't my thing..

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

RN

Well said!!!:clap2:

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score

The deeper the better, that where these heavy pigs shine. I will be in McBride for the MM invatational.

Top Bottom