XP sag bracket

go big

Reaction score
Anyone have these on their skid and do they really work.
Went 5 yrs without it doesn't bother me except they way it looks when it's sitting.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have these on their skid and do they really work.
Went 5 yrs without it doesn't bother me except they way it looks when it's sitting.

Ur talking the ones that move the rear arm back 1.5 to 2 inches.

Yes I do have them.

It's more for keeping the skis down and less trenching than anything

sent from my htc

go big

Reaction score
The one I'm thinking of is from western country. I'm sure it does move back the arm. I don't have ski lift when climbing now from adjusting limiter. Any point of putting it on than?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys say it works better.

Mine had it on when I bought it

sent from my htc

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just install 2-up stiff springs. skids are designed to have sag. removing it ruins functionality of the skid.

You know..... thats a pretty darn good and reasonable idea on how to help sag on any sled!!!

Thanks Sean :beer: :beer: :D

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it and didn't notice anything but the $70 missing from my wallet. And it lowers the rear bumper by probably 2", so that means the sled will start getting hung up sooner. I am taking it out

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have it, it seems ok, It helps the rear scissor with a mechanical advantage.
I also have the 2 up springs. One thing to note, the tunnel width at the drop brackets are about 3 mm narrower than it's supposed to be. You can solve this by using some washers on the inside of the drop bracket.

dooradical

Reaction score
If you are looking to remove sag you should go with Xtreme air vents bracket or Tom's snowmobile. I just installed xtremes on mine and the sag is gone. It requires you to get the longer center shock though. I weigh 230 with my gear and when I would get on the sled it would drop about 5 inches on setting 5 on the tortion spring, and not return when I got off. Now with Xtreme's bracket it drops about 3" on setting 3 on the tortion spring and returns instantly when I get off the sled. Got rid if the sag

Sent from my Asus Transformer using Tapatalk

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put those brackets on and didnt realized till this year that it pulled the rear sissor open past the stop?
I'm thinking of pulling the relocate brackets off and just going with the FATTY springs.
Does everyones pull this past the stop?

Attachments

• sag bracket.jpg
    sag bracket.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 237

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pulling the skid out very soon and will let you know..

I put those brackets on and didnt realized till this year that it pulled the rear sissor open past the stop?
I'm thinking of pulling the relocate brackets off and just going with the FATTY springs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope. Mines still fine with the bracket in

sent from my htc

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine did that too, when the tab bent enough the whole rear arm hyperextended and went forward, down into my track and stopped it dead. I thought about fixing it but just ordered a new one. it was pretty cheap to replace.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just noticed mine was hyperextended, but not reversed.. If it was 1/2 as much I guess it would be the perfect amount.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine did that too, when the tab bent enough the whole rear arm hyperextended and went forward, down into my track and stopped it dead. I thought about fixing it but just ordered a new one. it was pretty cheap to replace.

I just noticed mine was hyperextended, but not reversed.. If it was 1/2 as much I guess it would be the perfect amount.

I didnt like it and worried it would go to far and fold so I pulled the brackets out and got the fat guy springs.
Since I was there I did the T motion too!
I'd say its(T motion) is as good as the extreme air vents rear shock upgrade. Buddy did the extreme upgrade on his now mine handles like his. Both have the S36

Top Bottom