Xp running issues

Backyard xp

Reaction score
I have an 08 summit was riding yesterday starting vibrating and running crappy brought it home now it shakes bad at idle runs rough till about 5000 rpm anybody have any ideas it's backfires till you get it revved up

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like teeroy said start at the primary and probably start working your way in. I'd be checking bearings myself.

Ape

Reaction score
Mine just I'd the same thing. Check your compression it will be it a piston. Pulled the head on mine and there was a little chip in the piston but it is not all the way missing. It idles real rough and runs fine at half to wide open is what mine did. Going to pick up a new short block tomorrow and put it in as the crank will need work in awhile anyway. I will bet this the samething that happened to yours. Mine had 135 compression on one side and 30 on the other. Good luck and I hope I am wrong.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 summit was riding yesterday starting vibrating and running crappy brought it home now it shakes bad at idle runs rough till about 5000 rpm anybody have any ideas it's backfires till you get it revved up[/QUOTE]

i would say a clutch but if it is backfiring you have other problems, check compression. every change the spark plugs? bad fuel mayby, crank bearing, etc.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my crank let go, it was the mag side bearing. Almost dead on the same miles. I got a $20 that says it's the crank.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have u ever done a rebuild of ur primary??i bet its a worn bushing and trashed rollers n ramps..

Backyard xp

Reaction score
Crank is twisted one piston is only half a piston above the other where's the best deal on an engine

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling that was it. My 09 had the exact same problem. But it didn't have the backfiring. I got everything replaced by Martin. Once again they did a great job of going to bat for me with BRP and getting it covered under warrenty. Not gonna happen with yours obviously. But the have a great service department. Outside of that I'd look into finding a written off sled. Try and find an etec if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank is twisted one piston is only half a piston above the other where's the best deal on an engine

really and it still idled.. have a buddy that spun his crank on his 07 but it wouldnt idle and sounded like it was only runnin on one side

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sorry to hear, i was hoping i was wrong, mine did the exact same friggin thing, i lucked out on a wrecked sled. short block is the way to go, forget rebuilding it, let someone else have the fun, fyi there was nothing salvageable on the clutch side of my motor.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really and it still idled.. have a buddy that spun his crank on his 07 but it wouldnt idle and sounded like it was only runnin on one side

had this same thing on mine. finally finished rebuilding it. should have just got a new motor

Top Bottom